Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you cry the first time you held your baby?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Did you cry the first time you held your baby?

Options:

Yes!

No!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 430

View Results

I didn't with any of my five kids. I always wonder why I didn't. LOL!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Replies (211-220):
NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Cried every single time. And cried when my friend had her baby. I'm not a crier, and I always thought birth was gross so go figure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kymom23
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I didn't cry with any of mine, but with my middle child, I shook like crazy after he was born. Not sure why, but I just couldn't stop shaking. Maybe my body was in shock that I actually gave birth vaginally to a 10lb 5oz 23in long baby with an epidural that wore off just as labor was really getting going!

mommy2annaliese
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Yepp and i hugged her, ( she was fresh out of the birth canal, laying on my chest) and managed to get that white stuff all over my face. ( she was overdue so it was on her in big balls where it had already came off in the womb.

and i was so tired i didnt know until my MIL told my sister "Hey go get a wet paper towel and wipe that off her face, hurry"

vevespears
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I'm very emotional yet not cry I was just sooo happy!!!

And until today I reserve my tears from my kids, if I wanna cry I take a shower or wait till they go to bed lol

Quoting 504bbymami:

I didn't. I was just in awe

I'm not too good at all the emotional stuff though lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SouthernBellee
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I did with my oldest..I cried like a big baby. I didn't cry at all with my youngest..I was too tired

-Texas-Mommy-
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elizabeth319
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I didn't but I was too tired to even think straight...I had been up for about 28 hours straight when she finally decided to come out.

raye-chan
by Raye on May. 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM

When I first held him I was loopy from the medicine and c-section so I just smiled lol. I did cry though after seeing him 3 hours later with the IVs and heart monitor when I was trying to hold him and not hurt him.  

briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM

No. I was just in disbelief that I was actually a mom and she came out beautiful lol. Im not saying Im ugly but everyone kept saying that if she looked like me she would be but she is so beautiful and was from day 1.

mom2hadley
by Heather on May. 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Yes I did :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)