Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Considering dropping fs....

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a serious post and you can bash I am ok with that I know I will because I get fs but I get WAY to much like can I call them and tell them I do not need that much?

Here is the thing my SO works full time right now he makes enough for us to pay rent, cable, Internet (which I NEED for college online) car payment, insurance and his cell phone and our other toiletries (which we buy as cheap as we can) and our electric as well plus so SO can build credit so we can be approved for his VA loan he had to get a credit card.

So now that you know all that after words I get 300 a month for child support which I also help with bills it goes right into our checking account but I take my twins every weekend to do something fun when they have been good and if we have left over I put it in their piggy bank.

I get 591 dollars in fs a month and right now because each month it rolls over I have like 1200 on my card. I do not let anyone use it and never sell them for money that is even worse. But I just think it is so so much and As bad as I would feel to take away treating my twins to doing fun things each week with THEIR money I am thinking of just dropping food stamps and using the c/s for groceries.

Like I said I am a full time mom and college student and SO asked that I just be with the boys and finish out school because yes they go to prek but they only go for 2.5 hours 4 days a week. I was still considering going to work once they start kindergarten next year that way I would not need to have them in daycare.

What do you guys suggest I do?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Replies (31-36):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I don't think it would be abusing the system. Selling them would be abusing the system. I think donating some food somewhere is great idea.

Quoting jackieb2811:

Someone else suggested donating too but that would be a great thing to do! I just do not want to feel like I am abusing the system because of what I get it just makes no sense to get that much that is not what I need! I think if welfare will not reduce it I could absolutely help others out this way I know I put it to good use! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

May I make a suggestion.. But food and donate to your local woman's shelter. Or even take some food to people you know is having it rough but for some reason or another can't get fs..

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I know right! Because every single state is exactly the same.

Quoting Jackie6701:

In my state a family of 3 with no income only get $585 per month in food stamps. I do not believe that you have your SO on your case!!!!

my3littleboys
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Don't drop them....might come back to bite ya in the ass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Well I do claim him and no every state is different. Every state and the cost of living changes so no not true. Make a post ask people where they live if they get fs family size and how much bet you will see how much it differs.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

I know right! Because every single state is exactly the same.

Quoting Jackie6701:

In my state a family of 3 with no income only get $585 per month in food stamps. I do not believe that you have your SO on your case!!!!

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM

True but my twins dad has it taken right from his account and direct deposited into mine. Unless he lost his job but I know he would find work right away BUT you are right there is always that possibility! Good point.

I don't know at the moment if there is anyone but I would be happy to help if I knew! I have talked to SO and he agrees taking food to food banks or a local shealter is a good idea!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd keep it.  What if all of a sudden you don't get child support?  Is there someone else in need who you could take shopping?  Buy more food and donante to food pantrys?

Sylv.the.Wine-O
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)