Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omg. I'm a murderer.

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 57 Replies
I ran over a raccoon and killed it. I saw it run out. I tried to stop. I couldn't. Omg. My fingers and legs won't stop tingling. I'm freaking out.I feel awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Yeah, killing animals sucks, but on the bright side it wasn't on purpose and you did try to stop. 

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM
So I'm only an accessory to murder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, killing animals sucks, but on the bright side it wasn't on purpose and you did try to stop. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. Sadly, it isn't considered murder. Plus for you to be an accessory to murder you would have had to assist someone in covering up or planning a murder. 

If the poor ol' racoon had been a human at the most it would've been negligent homicide and that would only have been if you had been doing something while driving that you should not have been doing.

You may have just provided someone with dinner. Think of it as today's random act of kindness. Very gross but true, there people who collect roadkill and eat it. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/17/jonathan-mcgowan-roadkill_n_1016108.html

mamabirch88
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I always feel bad if I run over an animal. Except for opossums. I hate them. Ughhh. Seriously, my skin just crawled thinking about them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

It's. Going. To. Be. Okay

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Awww.. Poor thing. When I say that, I mean BOTH of you. I am a raccoon fan, but those little buggers love to run out in the road...:( (((hugs)))

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I know. :) I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

I hope someone doesn't starve tonight. Yuck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. Sadly, it isn't considered murder. Plus for you to be an accessory to murder you would have had to assist someone in covering up or planning a murder. 

If the poor ol' racoon had been a human at the most it would've been negligent homicide and that would only have been if you had been doing something while driving that you should not have been doing.

You may have just provided someone with dinner. Think of it as today's random act of kindness. Very gross but true, there people who collect roadkill and eat it. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/17/jonathan-mcgowan-roadkill_n_1016108.html

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting Anonymous:

You are a Involuntary manslaughterer (raccoonslaughterer?) at best...

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Are. You. Sure?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's. Going. To. Be. Okay

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmcandmmh
by Michelle on May. 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Hey I ran over a cat once :( but who the f let's their cat out of an apartment with a busy street! Stupid as shit. Yes I was driving too fast but I felt terrible. I stopped of course once I realized I ran something over but then I saw it running away to die :( I couldn't find it anywhere I was trying to take it to the ER vet close by.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)