Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I'm not going to shove any religion down my kids throat

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not going to force a religion upon my kid, I am not going to say that they are "going to hell" if they don't follow a certain religion either.  I have no issue with the teaching of different religions and then letting my kid decide which he wants to follow when he is old enough, why should I force something upon him? It is his choice as to what he wants to believe. Anyone agree?

P.S. telling me my kid is going to hell is quite immature and ignorant especially coming from supposed adults.

boy kissing mom

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 7, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Not everyone believes it is the truth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Saving our children is the most important thing in life, why treat it so flippantly? I will be teaching them the truth. They already have a heart for God and they're only 3 and 5. I hope it continues and they are faithful and stay true, then their lives will be blessed, and they'll be a blessing to others. It's not a casual thing- where you'll spend eternity, if you saw a car coming, wouldn't you do what you could to save your child?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 11:49 PM

It is not MY choice to make, it is their choice. A choice that will affect THEIR life so why should I make it for them? That is THEIR choice as to what they want to believe and/or not believe. Like I stated already, I have NO ISSUE with the teachings of different religions and letting them decide for themselves what they choose to believe in.

SaturnsMom
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I feel the same. We've attended church services and my son has been part of pagan rituals. He is free to choose whatever path he wants in that aspect. However when I used to live in miss. There were signs put up all over town that said "Take your kids to church, you need it and they deserve it"
I was a little put off by it to be quite honest and it always bothered me when my elderly neighbors there always would want to take my son if I declined to attend services with them.
People can sometimes be a little pushy.
AshleyBDG
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM

This! :D

Quoting chalisa0:

Ummm, some of us (lots of us) give our children religious upbringings and have NEVER said anyone is going to hell.  We don't "force" it on them any more than we force healthy food and exercise on them.  Some things we do for our kids, and introduce to our kids simply because it's good for them.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM
When my children become adults they can chose to follow their own path. If its with our christian god or mother earth thats fine. But for now they will follow the religion i follow. But am in process of teaching them there are other faiths,religions whatever u may call it. Even about athiest and agnistics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM

The comparison of a child being in front of a moving vehicle and me choosing THEIR religion for THEM is no comparison at all. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Not everyone believes it is the truth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Saving our children is the most important thing in life, why treat it so flippantly? I will be teaching them the truth. They already have a heart for God and they're only 3 and 5. I hope it continues and they are faithful and stay true, then their lives will be blessed, and they'll be a blessing to others. It's not a casual thing- where you'll spend eternity, if you saw a car coming, wouldn't you do what you could to save your child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I've already replied to that post, as well as for the assuming that was done there. Please look up my reply above.

Quoting AshleyBDG:

This! :D

Quoting chalisa0:

Ummm, some of us (lots of us) give our children religious upbringings and have NEVER said anyone is going to hell.  We don't "force" it on them any more than we force healthy food and exercise on them.  Some things we do for our kids, and introduce to our kids simply because it's good for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Derari:

Quoting chalisa0:

I was waiting for someone to bring out the whoopass!! *high five*

I wouldn't really consider that to be "whoopass". LMAO!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It's only the truth because that is what YOU believe. What will you do when/if your children decide they don't believe the same as you???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I agree, I get asked often by very pushy people all about what religion they are and what church we attend..ect Some have even had the guts to tell me in front of my kids mind you, that they were going to hell, wtf? What kind of a person who supposed to have such compassion, tells a kid that?

Quoting SaturnsMom:

I feel the same. We've attended church services and my son has been part of pagan rituals. He is free to choose whatever path he wants in that aspect. However when I used to live in miss. There were signs put up all over town that said "Take your kids to church, you need it and they deserve it"
I was a little put off by it to be quite honest and it always bothered me when my elderly neighbors there always would want to take my son if I declined to attend services with them.
People can sometimes be a little pushy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)