Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I'm not going to shove any religion down my kids throat

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not going to force a religion upon my kid, I am not going to say that they are "going to hell" if they don't follow a certain religion either.  I have no issue with the teaching of different religions and then letting my kid decide which he wants to follow when he is old enough, why should I force something upon him? It is his choice as to what he wants to believe. Anyone agree?

P.S. telling me my kid is going to hell is quite immature and ignorant especially coming from supposed adults.

boy kissing mom

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Haha!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Saving our children is the most important thing in life, why treat it so flippantly? I will be teaching them the truth. They already have a heart for God and they're only 3 and 5. I hope it continues and they are faithful and stay true, then their lives will be blessed, and they'll be a blessing to others. It's not a casual thing- where you'll spend eternity, if you saw a car coming, wouldn't you do what you could to save your child?

It's only the truth because that is what YOU believe. What will you do when/if your children decide they don't believe the same as you???

anon1986East
by Kali on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I agree. DH and I were both born to Irish Catholic families but none of our parents were very religious and neither are we. My oldest is 7 1/2 and has recently expressed an interest in learning about God and the Catholic religion so I've set it up for her to go to youth services but that was her choice.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

We do the same. They are welcome to attend any religious services they are invited to, ask questions, study different religions etc. I was raised the same way. We (meaning my Dh and myself) believe in God, but not organized religion...so our lessons are more about being the type of person you want to be, being a good citizen, being loving, kind, and giving of youself than specifically religious.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I know right LOL, more so since she assumed things that I did not say. I did not say that every one who has their child follow a religion that they choose shoves religion down their kids throats and tells their kids they will go to hell if they don't believe it, smh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Derari:

Quoting chalisa0:

Ummm, some of us (lots of us) give our children religious upbringings and have NEVER said anyone is going to hell.  We don't "force" it on them any more than we force healthy food and exercise on them.  Some things we do for our kids, and introduce to our kids simply because it's good for them.

I was waiting for someone to bring out the whoopass!! *high five*

I wouldn't really consider that to be "whoopass". LMAO!

mommythree0508
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Congrats. Good for you. Everyone makes their own parenting decisions.

We are Catholic and raising our children as Catholics. I have never once told them they are going to hell.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

That right there was tact! The upscale form of whoopass!!! Lol
Ireallydontcare
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM

My kids go to church on Wednesday because of AWANA and then of course on Sunday. I do not go either way. If they chose not to go, then alrighty then. Not a big deal to me. We home school, and I was thinking of doing a religion's study. If they identify with a certain religion, then they are more than welcome to follow that. Right now, they are going to a Baptist church.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble , but that was not tact that was ASSUMING.

Quoting Derari:

Quoting Anonymous:

That right there was tact! The upscale form of whoopass!!! Lol

Ireallydontcare
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I also have a group of Witnesses that come to my house fairly regularly. I welcome them in. I am all for educating mself and my children. I do not have a problem with any religion being taught.

myboysRmyhero
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I agree i think its selfess of parents who force religon on there children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN