Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think anyone who circumsizes their son is ignorant.

Okay, maybe not everyone. There's always that rare medical exception.

But to permanently alter your son's body with the reasons so many give of "so he'll look just like daddy" or "because everyone else does it, so I don't want him to get made fun of in the locker room"...that is insane. I didn't give the decision to circ or not a whole lot of thought because I knew there was no reason to alter the perfect body my son was born with. But if you ARE considering cutting of a part of your son's genitals, please at least put some time and thought into it!! Oh that's right, if you do your research you'll realize there's no reason to circ.

Uncircumcised penises are just as easy to keep clean and free of infections as circ'ed ones. Plenty of circ'ed guys get STDs and HIV. So a SLIGHTLY reduced risk of disease is still not a reason enough to permanently alter your child's body.

I normally am not one to judge other parents' decisions and am "to each his own" type of person. But there's my confession for ya. I judge the shit out of anyone who has their child circumsized and justifies it with completely BS reasons. Are you also going to mutilate your daughter's genitals just because it is the norm? Then why do it to your son?

EDIT: Well this post has proved how truly ignorant and unreasonable many of you are. I feel deeply sorry for some of your kids. It is not CREEPY, WEIRD, or SICK to be against circumcision and wish parents would stop disfiguring their perfect newborn's bodies. If someone had their doctor cut off their son's penis completely, saying it was cleaner or helped with a lower infection/STD rate, would you still think that was just a different parenting decision? No, because it's unnecessary mutilation...EXACTLY like circumcision. Female genital mutilation only became illegal as recently as the 1990's and why was this legislation passed? Because some people DO care when babies are mutilated for no reason. Some people DID step up to stop it instead of saying "their kid, their choice ". It's not YOUR body, so it's not YOUR right to cut it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:29 AM
4 moms liked this
You know that some people do it for religious and cultural reasons... Right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I think anybody that cares what I do to my children is ignorant. Not your children, not your business. I am having 2 boys in August and they are going to be circ'd. My children, my choice.

InMySweatpants
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
So I'm sure NONE of the uncirced men ever had an infection right?

And you wouldn't teach your 6-9 year old how to properly clean himself? Hygiene is hygiene regardless of the foreskin.

Quoting mom2cheesebug:

I worked in a nursing home, and the men who had uncircumsized penis' always had an infection or something. I was always having to help them because they could not keep it clean enough. As for a 6 -9 year olds who should be taking showers by themselves, yet don't like to and skip them like most do, i would feel bad for them and their uncircumsized penis's too. Just my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I am tired. This subject is old. I have said pretty much the same thing over and over from 09 until NOW.

InMySweatpants
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you all just cut off the baby's penis if you want a decreased rate of infection? PLENTY of circed men get infections, stds, and hiv. You are not preventing anything by permanently multilating your son's body!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleacorn
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Candymonster:

I'm almost scared to have ds circa because of the horror stories of if it goes wrong....but I'm still gonna do it to help with prevent infections.

You know that the decrease in infections is really, really low, so much so that the American Academy of Pediatrics DOES NOT recommend routine circ's, right?

murrlicious

Seriously... Might want to look up some STD's and see if you want your son to catch these. Parents don't do it because it is trendy. 

momofpreemieboy

This

Quoting bascha:

We all have to make personal choices as parents. We may not all make the same choices, but I don't think that it makes someone wrong or ignorant just because they chose differently than you.

InMySweatpants
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
And some people do even more heinous things for cultural or religious reasons. Stoning, cupping, etc etc. That doesn't make it any less horrendous.

Quoting Supervane:

You know that some people do it for religious and cultural reasons... Right?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoganTroyMom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:34 AM
my sons are both circ'd. i doon't give a shit what you think. I made those penises. i'll cut em if i wanna. lol

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN