Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think anyone who circumsizes their son is ignorant.

Okay, maybe not everyone. There's always that rare medical exception.

But to permanently alter your son's body with the reasons so many give of "so he'll look just like daddy" or "because everyone else does it, so I don't want him to get made fun of in the locker room"...that is insane. I didn't give the decision to circ or not a whole lot of thought because I knew there was no reason to alter the perfect body my son was born with. But if you ARE considering cutting of a part of your son's genitals, please at least put some time and thought into it!! Oh that's right, if you do your research you'll realize there's no reason to circ.

Uncircumcised penises are just as easy to keep clean and free of infections as circ'ed ones. Plenty of circ'ed guys get STDs and HIV. So a SLIGHTLY reduced risk of disease is still not a reason enough to permanently alter your child's body.

I normally am not one to judge other parents' decisions and am "to each his own" type of person. But there's my confession for ya. I judge the shit out of anyone who has their child circumsized and justifies it with completely BS reasons. Are you also going to mutilate your daughter's genitals just because it is the norm? Then why do it to your son?

EDIT: Well this post has proved how truly ignorant and unreasonable many of you are. I feel deeply sorry for some of your kids. It is not CREEPY, WEIRD, or SICK to be against circumcision and wish parents would stop disfiguring their perfect newborn's bodies. If someone had their doctor cut off their son's penis completely, saying it was cleaner or helped with a lower infection/STD rate, would you still think that was just a different parenting decision? No, because it's unnecessary mutilation...EXACTLY like circumcision. Female genital mutilation only became illegal as recently as the 1990's and why was this legislation passed? Because some people DO care when babies are mutilated for no reason. Some people DID step up to stop it instead of saying "their kid, their choice ". It's not YOUR body, so it's not YOUR right to cut it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Replies (211-220):
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on May. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
*sigh* This is a "debate" that's on every birth board.

It's really simple. What other people choose to do medically for their child is their business. Personally, I don't see the big deal either way but I don't have a penis, my SO does & he says baby is getting circ'd if it's a boy; I didn't argue. As I said, he has the penis, not me. Don't want to sound bitchy, but it's an ongoing debate where people are never going to come to an agreement; just like the abortion debate.

Let. It. Go. & let people make their own choices for themselves. Please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zugichbaby6
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Stfu mind your own business .. There's nothing wrong with it ppl have been doing it for thousands of years so get over it! If you don't want to circ then don't!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM

That's YOUR opinion and I have MY opinion! K?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Penises in general look weird lol. And as long as the person who is intact knows how to properly care for their penis, then it is not cleaner at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I think that anyone who doesn't cirumcise their son is ignorant!

The uncircumcised penis looks funny as well....it's just weird looking!!! We feel circumcising our sons penis his better for them, it's cleaner, etc. 

So, you can kiss my ass if you don't like it. 

finnbar
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Candymonster:

I'm almost scared to have ds circa because of the horror stories of if it goes wrong....but I'm still gonna do it to help with prevent infections.

You should be scared.  The complication rate is much higher than than the stats even admit.

Be aware that the so called huge risk of infection is primarily brought about because people try to clean up inside their sons foreskin.  This is the same as digging around inside a small girls vagina. Would you do that?

louzannalady
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I watched the video of it being done. I did my research. I came to the conclusion that there MAY be some medical merit- there may NOT be medical merit. I still did it, for very personal reasons and medical reasons (DH had complications and had to be circum at the age of three and we did not want that to happen to our kid, as what happened was genetic). If DH had not had that particular issue, we probably would not have circum. I am VERY happy with the educated decision we made. 

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I think anyone who circumcised her son is crazy. A doctor circumcised my boys. ;)

Talk about ignorant...

Quoting InMySweatpants:

Okay, maybe not everyone. There's always that rare medical exception.

But to permanently alter your son's body with the reasons so many give of "so he'll look just like daddy" or "because everyone else does it, so I don't want him to get made fun of in the locker room"...that is insane. I didn't give the decision to circ or not a whole lot of thought because I knew there was no reason to alter the perfect body my son was born with. But if you ARE considering cutting of a part of your son's genitals, please at least put some time and thought into it!! Oh that's right, if you do your research you'll realize there's no reason to circ.

Uncircumcised penises are just as easy to keep clean and free of infections as circ'ed ones. Plenty of circ'ed guys get STDs and HIV. So a SLIGHTLY reduced risk of disease is still not a reason enough to permanently alter your child's body.

I normally am not one to judge other parents' decisions and am "to each his own" type of person. But there's my confession for ya. I judge the shit out of anyone who has their child circumsized and justifies it with completely BS reasons. Are you also going to mutilate your daughter's genitals just because it is the norm? Then why do it to your son?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Ooooookkkkkk
Whatever floats your boat... I have no issue with my choice to circ my son. Sorry that you do and that your so pathetic that you feel the need to be a judgemental bitch.
Breezie_Starr
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I do it because it was how I was raised, from religion to tradition and i'm not going to change it just because I've done research, which by the way before you decide to jump down my throat I have. Not to mention I've also studied it in school. No I don't go around judging those who didn't. My god sons both aren't circ'd and that was a decision by their parents. I don't tell others not to or to do it, i just let them know where they can get the information and then to go after getting the information by how they are feeling. If my next child is a boy as well i will have him circ'd. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

jamieharper08
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I find it equally ignorant that you let someone elses choice piss you off. Let people do what they think is best. You don't have to like it...but why make yourself miserable over it?

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)