Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when little girls have...

Short hair cuts. I can't stand them on little girls 12ish and under. They always look all straggled and unkempt (because they're kids so it's not like they're going to be able to maintain a short hair cut!) I also hate bangs...on EVERYONE. Stop cutting bangs on your poor child. And most adults can't pull off bangs. They went out of style a long time ago. These two hair cuts are classic "white trash" moves. Go ahead and argue with me, bash away to make yourself feel better about the stupid cut you gave your kid and try to defend it. Everyone is going say,"well it looks good on MY dd." Nope, it doesn't. I see a lot of pretty little girls with horrible haircuts and bangs and I just think it's a shame nobody will ever notice how pretty they are because of that unruly hair all over their face or that dorky cut. I just don't get it. It almost seems like some people feel like they HAVE to give their little girl bangs. Well, you don't. Stop. Let their hair be long and pretty while they're small. They have their entire lives to have short hair cuts. Plus you can do more with long hair anyway, like pull it back in a pony tail so it's not all over the place while they're trying to play.

The type of reactions here are probably going to confirm my suspicions about the type of people who make up the majority in this group. Go ahead...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Replies (361-365):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

My dd's and I have very fine hair. Our hair is not super short, probably just above the shoulder. Long styles look sloppy and messy.  My dds hair grows so slow it has never been long. I can count on one hand that times my girls have had a hair cut. Not everyone can grow long, pretty hair.  My kids didn't even get hair until almost 3, LOL.  

My girls hair is what is right for their hair type and their petite wee faces.  Maybe you should stop being so judgemental.  We have a syndrome that causes our hair to have a different texture and make up than the average bear and it grows thin, sparse and fine.  We work with what we have.  Don't judge before you know why people wear their hair the way they do..bangs or no bangs.

This post has proved one thing, you are judgemental and mean to think a child is white trash because of a hair cut the trained hair stylist said is best for the condition and type of hair they have.  And some people also after certain medications have hair that does not grow or grows odd and shorter styles work best . Your judgements are just as bad as what you are accusing others of.

missindependo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
My daughter is working in growing out her hair. And i personally love bangs, but when they're styled right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raczac
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

My boys also have mohawks and I love them on them and we just buzzed their hair really short for the summer we will be at the pool all summer so no need to have to fix their hair. I don't fight over hair that is how they express their self.

Quoting lulumomof2:

Well I don't have any girls. But last year I did help coach our city's little league football cheer-leading team (the girls were under 12 yrs old) and we had a few little girls who had short hair. One girl's hair did look very unruly. But there were two other  little girls who had short hair and it looked really nice. None of them had bangs, as all the hair was the same length. I don't really care how other mothers cut their kids hair. I'm sure the fact that I let my younger son cut his hair into a mohawk really upsets some, or that he likes to shave (buzz really close to his head) upsets some. But he's my child and if that's how he wants his hair its okay with me! I'm sure I'd be the same with a daughter (if I had one).

mkh615
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

You're a silly b*tch. And even more so for posting as "Anonymous." At least be a real woman and stand by your convictions.

And what kind of person were you expecting to respond to this? This picture was taken at Princeton University (DH's undergrad) and I'm an RN and he's a lawyer...sooo, please, tell me what were you expecting?

MarShy740
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Here is my short hair do I look trailer trash?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)