Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when little girls have...

Short hair cuts. I can't stand them on little girls 12ish and under. They always look all straggled and unkempt (because they're kids so it's not like they're going to be able to maintain a short hair cut!) I also hate bangs...on EVERYONE. Stop cutting bangs on your poor child. And most adults can't pull off bangs. They went out of style a long time ago. These two hair cuts are classic "white trash" moves. Go ahead and argue with me, bash away to make yourself feel better about the stupid cut you gave your kid and try to defend it. Everyone is going say,"well it looks good on MY dd." Nope, it doesn't. I see a lot of pretty little girls with horrible haircuts and bangs and I just think it's a shame nobody will ever notice how pretty they are because of that unruly hair all over their face or that dorky cut. I just don't get it. It almost seems like some people feel like they HAVE to give their little girl bangs. Well, you don't. Stop. Let their hair be long and pretty while they're small. They have their entire lives to have short hair cuts. Plus you can do more with long hair anyway, like pull it back in a pony tail so it's not all over the place while they're trying to play.

The type of reactions here are probably going to confirm my suspicions about the type of people who make up the majority in this group. Go ahead...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Replies (41-50):
neverbeamom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM

OOOhhhhhhhh noooooooo....

I had greenish tinted hair for a minute after a Florida vacation.  :-/

Quoting sunfireprincess:

I had pool hair it sucked the damage it did on my hair. I was a diver

Quoting neverbeamom:

I used to bleach my hair because I hated how naturally excessively greasy it was ALL THE TIME.  Ugh.  It was so gross.  I'd take a shower and it'd be gross within 8 hours.  Tried everything.  Finally, I just took to bleaching it several shades lighter and it took care of the problem.  Until the roots grew out, and they would get greasy.

I have my all natural hair now (dirty blonde in the winter/lighter in the summer), and I carry baby powder in my purse to keep it dry at the roots.  It's just how my hair is.  :(  lol.

Quoting sunfireprincess:

I had blonde hair in high school it looked like shit

Quoting Anonymous:

I would expect nothing less from you. And you just reminded me of my next post topic...FAKE blonde hair.

Quoting champagne_rose:

This reminds me. I need to dye my hair and cut some bangs!

I only have a son at the moment and he doesn't get bangs lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Shallow much?

I've stepped in deeper puddles.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Me too, but for three years LOL

Quoting neverbeamom:

OOOhhhhhhhh noooooooo....

I had greenish tinted hair for a minute after a Florida vacation.  :-/

Quoting sunfireprincess:

I had pool hair it sucked the damage it did on my hair. I was a diver

Quoting neverbeamom:

I used to bleach my hair because I hated how naturally excessively greasy it was ALL THE TIME.  Ugh.  It was so gross.  I'd take a shower and it'd be gross within 8 hours.  Tried everything.  Finally, I just took to bleaching it several shades lighter and it took care of the problem.  Until the roots grew out, and they would get greasy.

I have my all natural hair now (dirty blonde in the winter/lighter in the summer), and I carry baby powder in my purse to keep it dry at the roots.  It's just how my hair is.  :(  lol.

Quoting sunfireprincess:

I had blonde hair in high school it looked like shit

Quoting Anonymous:

I would expect nothing less from you. And you just reminded me of my next post topic...FAKE blonde hair.

Quoting champagne_rose:

This reminds me. I need to dye my hair and cut some bangs!

I only have a son at the moment and he doesn't get bangs lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Where is the op?

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM
2 moms liked this
All I did was laugh at this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2little1s
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

M

My girls with short hair are cute, I do not care what you say! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Id shave my daughters head a number 2 if I could :-)  She wants bangs (or a fringe as we call it) and if she wants them...she gets them.  Anything cosmetic is entirely up to her.  Hair and clothes, ear pierced.  Her choice.  Its her body image not yours.  I want my children to be happy with their body and to be the one responsible for body.

Ive met mothers  like you before...Ive seen the daughters being screamed at because they wont sit still to get their hair brushed...who would rather see their daughters silently crying as you brush their hair.  I never EVER want my kids to go through that shit.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Ran off

Quoting champagne_rose:

Where is the op?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessAnna
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM
My daughter has short hair - she spent a few years growing it out, and got it cut last summer to donate to Locks of Love. I'm proud of her short hair.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Eh....

My oldest just cut 12" off of her hair- she wanted to donate it to Locks of Love. She is Chinese and her hair was long and gorgeous. It took us 5 years to grow her hair out from it being shaved in the orphanage. SHE made the decision to cut it and surprisingly it looks great. It is all one length and is a bob. It stays out of her face more than when she had long hair as she did not like wearing it in a pony tail in Karate- long hair and karate headgear are not a good mix...her helmet is much easier to put on and remove with the shorter hair. 

My youngest's hair is very very thin and naturally curly- those 2 things do not mix. I could brush her hair and 5 minutes later it was in knots and looked terrible- it would look like it had never been brushed. She also wanted her hair cut short. I had 4" cut off of her hair- no knots now! Yay! It also curls under naturally now, so the curls have been tamed a bit so it looks very neat and also seems thicker ( even though I know better). 

In all honesty, you must not understand what ignorant means if you associate it with cutting hair short on little girls. This post makes you seem like an extrememly uneducated, judgmental fool. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)