Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for the sahm

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i am a sahm and i confess i don't shower everyday.

do you shower everyday if you are a sahm and just stay home all day. you literaly stay home all day you just go drop of and pick up kids to and from school,, just a curious question

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Replies (101-110):
kiralyn
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Yes. I work out everyday. I'd stink if I didn't shower!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllieReed
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I do, I like to be clean for my man! Sometimes it's after I've picked up the kids from school, but usually I shower right before I go get them.

AmyJeremyx11
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Haha no. I mean, I usually do. I feel icky if I don't. I won't go anywhere if I haven't. But some days I get caught up and I think I'll shower when the girls are napping...but before I know it, I've cleaned the day away or sat and read with the girls longer than I meant to or something. And then it's time for the older kids to get home from school...forget it by that point. Homework, dinner, dishes, baths, bedtime, and I'm exhausted. Grr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClassyMom619
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

OMG, yes I do shower everyday. Why wouldn't I? That's gross.

family0530
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I have to admit no i don't. I always have at least one of my children attached to my hip every min. of the day.  There are times at night when i go to shower  the kids wake up. By the time i get them back to sleep it's late an i'm just too exhausted to even get out of bed. Some nights after doing the dishes an every one else washing there is nothing but cold water an i'm not getting in that. If i feel nasty an i can't get in the shower i can boil a little water an do a bird bath. I have also washed up with wipes. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM
well shut the door, your letting all the stank out!
braezmommy89
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Yes sometimes twice... Ya i stay home buuuut im cleaning, cooking, playing outside, runnin around inside so my bidy gets dirty from all the tasks I preform at home....

Just my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Sometimes as much as I would like to shower it doesn't happen. Hubby often works 24 hours spread through a 25 hour period and is only home long enough to eat and have a few hours nap. I have a 3 and 4 year old who can't be trusted alone so I don't chance it and by the time they are in bed I'm exhausted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Some days I'm just too exhausted that I can't shower. I know that sounds bad but it's true. There are times that I shower while they take a nap or after they go to bed. I'll even let the TV babysit them while I shower some times. My husband just went back to work yesterday and I didn't shower yesterday but I did today but since I had the new baby I haven't worked out a schedule so I can't really say what the new norm is yet. It was much easier to shower while he was home but he leaves for work at 6am and we're not up that early. We wake up around 8am and I know I could wake up early to shower but right now I don't think I should be missing sleep like that. 

How old is she? I've never liked showering with kids but it doesn't really matter now because I can't shower with all 3. :) I could shower with one but I don't like showering with anyone. My daughter (3yrs 2 mos.) and my oldest son (will be 2 in 2 weeks) both say they don't like the shower but for some reason they both took a shower with my husband over the weekend after swimming. Maybe they're ok with the shower now. If I could choose to not have to do one thing ever again it would be hard to decide between not eating and not showering. I hate doing both of those and rarely have time for either of them. 

Quoting MIA0223:

I have DH continue to keep an eye on her while I shower or I throw her in with me since she also needs one in the morning!
Or even if I didn't, I could shower after she goes to bed!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's how I was when I worked. As a SAHM it's a little harder to do that. I get out of bed and take care of kids.

For the original question; I try to shower every day. I'll skip a day here and there. If I have something to do like today I have a doctors appointment then I plan on showering before I go out. And some days I don't leave the house. My kids aren't in school. I have 3 kids 3 and under, my youngest is 13 days old and I'm also still recovering from my c section.

Quoting MIA0223:

I shower every day, before I do anything. Get out of bed and shower!

spicy_n_sweet
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Yes I shower every day. I also dress, put on my make up, and do my hair every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)