Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any thoughts?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM
  • 3 Replies

Found out today, North Carolina is now banning Corporal Punishment? What is your thought?

For me, I feel I am the parent it is my job to punish my daughter how I wanted too and I dislike any adult putting a hand on her.. That's including school, I use to be a trouble maker but I shaped up after turning cards over at school or being put in timeout for talking too much... When I got home, my parents had talked to me how it is not okay and I should start behaving and I did... Why does spanking some child is going make them shapen up specially with a hard paddle?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 8, 2012 at 7:24 AM
I believe in spanking at home. I don't believe it its right in schools. When I taught I had some parents give me permission to hit thier children, but def against school policy. I just felt it wasn't my place to correct children using that method.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sterling21
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Totally off topic, but I love your picture! Very artistic.

All discipline should be used for love, not punishment. Spankings, verbal correction or time outs can both be effective depending on the child and how the discipline is being administered, but all discipline, that is used to punish instead of correct is damaging. IMO.
Scarlette12
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Thank you, I love photography and I use photography to show how breast feeding is such loving bond between me and my daughter

It's the parents choice how to use puishment, I just feel schools have no right to touch a child if a parent doesn't punish them in that way...

Quoting sterling21:

Totally off topic, but I love your picture! Very artistic.

All discipline should be used for love, not punishment. Spankings, verbal correction or time outs can both be effective depending on the child and how the discipline is being administered, but all discipline, that is used to punish instead of correct is damaging. IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured