Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

quit b******* about the TSA!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Terrorist attacks didnt end with 9/11. The government is dealing with threats and attempts all the time! You ladies are good at Googling. Look it up! You dont like the TSA...DONT FLY! Its a part of your job...TOO BAD! We obviously need security.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I don't know anyone who bitches.  I do know that before 9/11, going through security was a breeze.  Now, its a three ring circus and that's nuts!  What, there were no threats prior to 9/11?  I'm sure there were.

I just think you guys do a great job and I love that you keep us safe.  I just think its a myth that we are less safe than before 9/11.

Piskie
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Statistically its useless..
Gives people huge delays..
Huge invasion of privacy

Don't like people bitching about your job? Get another one. There are plenty of problematic with the TSA as an organisation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Who bitches about tsa?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachelz123
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally I don't mind the extra security. Better safe than sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Really? Because they just stopped some underwear bombs...im sure there are lots that we dont even hear about.

And its a choice to have your privacy invaded

Quoting Piskie:

Huge invasion of privacy

Don't like people bitching about your job? Get another one. There are plenty of problematic with the TSA as an organisation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I have a problem with them when the rules seem to change at every airport.  I mean last night I was told that they can either search and test all of my bags for explosives or they can confiscate the baby's food.  I was also subjected to a pat-down and additional screening.  Thankfully, I was with my husband and he was able to take the baby.  What is a person traveling with their child alone supposed to do?  I mean the agents aren't allowed to hold your kid and you can't touch your stuff to put them in the stroller while getting a pat-down.  Two days before at a different airport...they checked the food in a machine and tested my hands/gave me a pat-down.  Give me a break.  Who was right?  I have no idea, but TSA is so inconsistent and rude that there is a reason people complain.  

The last time I flew I was told to remove my glasses (legally blind without them) and stand in a private screening area and watch my stuff.  

bcoll
by Brandi on May. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I do it several times a year with seven children. We check every thing except a diaper bag, backpack, and umbrella stroller. We wear flip flops. When it's our turn all flip flops and both bags get dropped in a bin, stroller gets a quick fold and handed to a tsa agent. and we walk through a detector....not that serious. (we don't even hod up a line) Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I heard that this morning, and I don't believe them. They won't give any information on the person they "caught" and were told they are no longer a threat. Lol, freedom of information act says we get to know. It's election year propaganda, same as the new border control announced this morning, and lowering gas prices.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Because they just stopped some underwear bombs...im sure there are lots that we dont even hear about.

Quoting Piskie:

Huge invasion of privacy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Actually FOIA doesn't mean we get to know everything, especially when they are things regarding national security.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard that this morning, and I don't believe them. They won't give any information on the person they "caught" and were told they are no longer a threat. Lol, freedom of information act says we get to know. It's election year propaganda, same as the new border control announced this morning, and lowering gas prices.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Piskie:

Huge invasion of privacy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
We can't just have unknown prisoners, and the way they talk about this guy we murdered him. Why do we know every other arrest before this one. Lol, the news reporter didn't believe it either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually FOIA doesn't mean we get to know everything, especially when they are things regarding national security.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Piskie:

Huge invasion of privacy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)