Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you care what I do with my son's penis??? *edit*

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 446 Replies
41 moms liked this

If you choose not to circumsize your sons- ok, fine. To each their own.

But please don't come on here bashing Mom's WHO DO!

We have our reasons too!!!! You may not 'agree' with them, but that's not your job. You're job is to be the best Mom to YOUR kids as you can, not judge MY every action as a parent to MY kids.

I really wish we could stop bashing eachother and be supportive of one another... I thought that's what CafeMom was about, silly me. 

So if you want to make a post calling us ignorant, don't be surprised when we defend ourselves. 

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE. I WILL NOT ARGUE WITH YOU ABOUT THE DECISIONS I HAVE MADE AS A PARENT. I AM ASKING YOU TO PLEASE PLEASE STOP JUDGING ME. BECAUSE I DON'T JUDGE YOU! 

I have never once said, 'Oh wow you didn't circumcise your son? That's ignorant.' Before you jump all over me for posting something you're passionate about read the damn thing and try to grasp what I'm saying!!! WHY DO YOU CARE IF MY KID IS CIRCUMCISED OR NOT?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarakay0417
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I circumsized my DS. I am tired of being bashed because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b39465
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
4 moms liked this

I circumsised my boys, and the bashing is really terrible! I know exactly what you mean about being called ignorant, lol. Do you know what I've started doing? When someone calls me ignorant, I return by saying 'Ok, enlighten me please.' I've found that usually I never get a response. Often, a person who doesn't know all the facts, they just blindly believe something, hide behind the 'you're ignorant' statement when they don't have the facts to back them up. When the name calling starts, that's when you know they've run out of arguments and instead of conceding that fact, they start name calling. 

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I tried to listen to them, regardless of my husband really wanting it done! I didn't think I could do that to my precious little boy- the thought made me sick. He had numerous infections, you think THOSE weren't painful? Finally we had no choice but to do it when he wa 2.5 and it was HELL. It was AWFUL. My poor baby couldn't walk for 2 days! If I had just done it when he was a baby he never would have had to go thru that!!!!

And, not that this is a HUGE factor but... when boys go to school, they are cruel. My brother wasn't circumsized... and he was teased mercilessly every day in the shower during gym. That poor kid was terrorized. 

Quoting tarakay0417:

I agree. I circumsized my DS. I am tired of being bashed because of it.

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM
My boys are circumcised. Everyone should have the respect that everyone does things differently and just deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM
3 moms liked this

TODAY IS CIRCUMCISON DAY!

*runs off to make anon post about circ'ing*

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

There was a post on here earlier literally saying if you circumsize your son you're ignorant- i didn't even read the post, the title was enough! WHY DO YOU FREAKIN CARE???? Is it hurting you or your family? Does it keep you up at night knowing my little boy's penis has a little less skin than yours? WHY DO YOU FREAKIN CARE!!! If you don't want to do it, fine! DON'T! But don't you dare judge ME- ya know?!?!?! 

Quoting mommy2b39465:

I circumsised my boys, and the bashing is really terrible! I know exactly what you mean about being called ignorant, lol. Do you know what I've started doing? When someone calls me ignorant, I return by saying 'Ok, enlighten me please.' I've found that usually I never get a response. Often, a person who doesn't know all the facts, they just blindly believe something, hide behind the 'you're ignorant' statement when they don't have the facts to back them up. When the name calling starts, that's when you know they've run out of arguments and instead of conceding that fact, they start name calling. 

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I GUESS SO!! HAHA! I just got on and saw like 3 other posts! HAd to jump on the band wagon ;-) 

Quoting Anonymous:

TODAY IS CIRCUMCISON DAY!

*runs off to make anon post about circ'ing*

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

other than cm i don't think anyone's ever asked me, 'so, is your kid circumcised?' why the hell does it matter! why does it get brought up 15 times a stinkin day! jeeeeeeeeeeeze!!! 

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My boys are circumcised. Everyone should have the respect that everyone does things differently and just deal.

rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
I agree
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't think I care about my kids' penises as much as these women do(some of them). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured