Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you care what I do with my son's penis??? *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post

If you choose not to circumsize your sons- ok, fine. To each their own.

But please don't come on here bashing Mom's WHO DO!

We have our reasons too!!!! You may not 'agree' with them, but that's not your job. You're job is to be the best Mom to YOUR kids as you can, not judge MY every action as a parent to MY kids.

I really wish we could stop bashing eachother and be supportive of one another... I thought that's what CafeMom was about, silly me. 

So if you want to make a post calling us ignorant, don't be surprised when we defend ourselves. 

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE. I WILL NOT ARGUE WITH YOU ABOUT THE DECISIONS I HAVE MADE AS A PARENT. I AM ASKING YOU TO PLEASE PLEASE STOP JUDGING ME. BECAUSE I DON'T JUDGE YOU! 

I have never once said, 'Oh wow you didn't circumcise your son? That's ignorant.' Before you jump all over me for posting something you're passionate about read the damn thing and try to grasp what I'm saying!!! WHY DO YOU CARE IF MY KID IS CIRCUMCISED OR NOT?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

that's how i feel- every parent is different just like every kid is different!!! you do what's best for your kid and i'll do what's best for mine!! =) 

Quoting sunfireprincess:

oh this was the post you were talking about. Honestly, it is your kid so it is none of my business

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol at people pretending female circumcision doesn't bother them...to make a point.
Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM

our insurance didn't cover it that's why it wasn't done at birth- it is very expensive!!! finally he 'needed' it due to constant infections and stuff, but waiting til he was 2 was hell on the poor kid =( 

Quoting SarahsAMommy:

I don't see anything wrong with doing it either way. The only time I really put my input in is when it's asked. All I know is insurances are starting to drop it cause it's not needed. And if I didn't have to do something then I don't see why doing it. My son had to have it done for medical reasons, and couldn't get it done till a year old. Like you say, to each their own.

sunfireprincess

so do I. that other post can suck it, it was not the OP's buisness to judge me or anyone else.

Quoting tarakay0417:

I agree. I circumsized my DS. I am tired of being bashed because of it.

Mrs_Szontagh

like i said, i don't personally agree but i'm not going to judge or bash someone who does... that's their choice

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol at people pretending female circumcision doesn't bother them...to make a point.

SarahsAMommy
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I wasn't going to get my son done. But he had to for medical reasons. But they had to wait till he was 1 to do it. So I understand your pain on this one. It's different for everyone. My sisters little boy isn't done and hasn't had any troubles. I can see why you did it though.

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

My son went to a Dr when he was about a yr old who was trying really hard to keep us from doing it... he even said, "His sex life will be so much more fulfilled." My jaw dropped. "As his mother that is the last thing I'm worried about." I don't even want to think about that aspect!!! I was thinking ok he's getting nonstop infections and I don't want him teased in school, hated to do it so late I felt like the worst POS in the world =( He has made a FULL recovery of course and barely even remembers it, but it was tough. If this baby is a boy we will be getting it done ASAPPPPPPPP

Quoting hp2011:

I don't think I care about my kids' penises as much as these women do(some of them). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM
4 moms liked this
Yep. Human rights violations aren't anything to judge about.

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

like i said, i don't personally agree but i'm not going to judge or bash someone who does... that's their choice

Quoting Anonymous:

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

and some will argue that by snipping my sons foreskin i violated his human rights... 

that's part of certain cultures- we may not understand or agree but what shall we do? bash this woman until she says we are right? our way or the highway? come on. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. Human rights violations aren't anything to judge about.

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

Quoting Anonymous:

Judesmom333
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I could.care less what anyone does with their sons penis..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

that's so weird about not doing it until they're a yr old- i think i heard that after we moved states too though

Quoting SarahsAMommy:

I wasn't going to get my son done. But he had to for medical reasons. But they had to wait till he was 1 to do it. So I understand your pain on this one. It's different for everyone. My sisters little boy isn't done and hasn't had any troubles. I can see why you did it though.

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

My son went to a Dr when he was about a yr old who was trying really hard to keep us from doing it... he even said, "His sex life will be so much more fulfilled." My jaw dropped. "As his mother that is the last thing I'm worried about." I don't even want to think about that aspect!!! I was thinking ok he's getting nonstop infections and I don't want him teased in school, hated to do it so late I felt like the worst POS in the world =( He has made a FULL recovery of course and barely even remembers it, but it was tough. If this baby is a boy we will be getting it done ASAPPPPPPPP

Quoting hp2011:

I don't think I care about my kids' penises as much as these women do(some of them). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured