Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you care what I do with my son's penis??? *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post

If you choose not to circumsize your sons- ok, fine. To each their own.

But please don't come on here bashing Mom's WHO DO!

We have our reasons too!!!! You may not 'agree' with them, but that's not your job. You're job is to be the best Mom to YOUR kids as you can, not judge MY every action as a parent to MY kids.

I really wish we could stop bashing eachother and be supportive of one another... I thought that's what CafeMom was about, silly me. 

So if you want to make a post calling us ignorant, don't be surprised when we defend ourselves. 

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE. I WILL NOT ARGUE WITH YOU ABOUT THE DECISIONS I HAVE MADE AS A PARENT. I AM ASKING YOU TO PLEASE PLEASE STOP JUDGING ME. BECAUSE I DON'T JUDGE YOU! 

I have never once said, 'Oh wow you didn't circumcise your son? That's ignorant.' Before you jump all over me for posting something you're passionate about read the damn thing and try to grasp what I'm saying!!! WHY DO YOU CARE IF MY KID IS CIRCUMCISED OR NOT?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Replies (411-420):
rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

My sons circ was considered RIC

because he did not have any issues at the time and i did it because i didnt want to risk any issues

i had to pay for it out of pocket and i would do it again if i had another son because i dont want to risk it 

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

We are discussing RIC. Routine infant circumcision. Not medically necessary circs. Those already speak for themselves.

Quoting rinaann:

Sometimes its not as easy as just waiting for them to become adults so they can chose

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Adults can then choose. Their body, their choice, right? Or does this not apply to the male species?

Quoting rinaann:

It also goes the other way, i have met many more men that wish they were cird as babies than i have met men who wish they werent 

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Well, at least you know it wasn't necessary.

Quoting rinaann:

because he did not have any issues at the time and i did it because i didnt want to risk any issues

i had to pay for it out of pocket and i would do it again if i had another son because i dont want to risk it 

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

We are discussing RIC. Routine infant circumcision. Not medically necessary circs. Those already speak for themselves.

Quoting rinaann:

Sometimes its not as easy as just waiting for them to become adults so they can chose

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Adults can then choose. Their body, their choice, right? Or does this not apply to the male species?

Quoting rinaann:

It also goes the other way, i have met many more men that wish they were cird as babies than i have met men who wish they werent 

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I felt it was, i wouldnt risk my sons life over it. 

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Risk your son's life?

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rinaann
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Yes, risk to his life

i wouldnt want him to get a blod clot and die like my brother almost did when he was 6 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

Risk your son's life?

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

Quoting rinaann:

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

AdellesMom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I want chocolate chip cookies! DH is eating some right now. Lol

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

I KNOW I FREAKIN WANT ONE AND 3 PEOPLE NOW HAVE ASKED IF I WANT ONE, I KEEP SAYING I WANT OATMEAL RAISIN BUT NO ONE IS GIVING ME ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting AdellesMom:

LMAO! Cookies are good though!

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

if one more person asks if i want a cookie without giving me one i'll go all pregnancy postal again! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

How many little boys have died from getting the penis fixed? plus they do it different now they don't cut it off anymore they burn it. their is no blood and there is no scaring. and i am concerned about my future son well being. cleaning a uncircumcised penis can be very hard for some boys and i don't want it to lead to a infection 

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Because it looks weird, that is a good enough reason to put a child through an unnecessary procedure that could result in blood loss, scaring, or death.... please tell me you have a better reason then "it looks weird".  Really, so the way your son's penis looks, is more important then his well being?  (hypothetical since you do not have a boy yet)

Quoting pj2becca21:

because foreskin look weird...... we don't have any boy yet ( working on that just need more practice..) and none will have foreskin

Amyinthesky
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I completely agree with you , I read the other woman's post. 

pj2becca21
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

HEHEHE the boobs is a little to far!!!..lol I love my boobs please don't take the away!!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Might as well get tonsils and gall bladder removed too. They cause problems for lots of people.

If you have a girl do you plan on chopping off her breasts to prevent cancer?

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

that's not human rights- that's a procedure to prevent a year of infections that are incredibly painful (my reason for doing so) 

Quoting Anonymous:

What don't you get? Human rights are EVERYONE'S business.

Quoting Mrs_Szontagh:

that's none of your business Rhonda. none of your business at all. 

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Quoting ack86:

This is an argument that will never end no matter how hard we try.

Sure it will, just as soon as people stop performing cosmetic surgery on infant penises.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I agree. I have been called things you can't even begin to imagine for choosing to circ my son.

I find it a little disturbing that so many women care THIS MUCH about my son's penis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN