Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lice help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My ex and his family have had lice for 2 years and refused to do anything about it. Judge didn't care during our visitation hearing. Well after 2 years of battling it every time the kids came home from their dads, his whole family cut their hair. FINALLY I haven't had to fight lice and treat the house incessantly. It makes me so upset it took this long. Anyways my question is how do you get the stuck on nits out of the kids hair? There are no lice for the past 2 months or hatching eggs, but there are white stuck on things on the shafts of their hair. Its pretty widespread because of how long who fought them. What can I use to loose them and comb them out?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommy6
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Dawn dish soap, or in the lice kits they have a gel that is used for getting the nits..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Seriously, blow dry and straighten the hair every day. 

shannonmegan24
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I heard mayonnaise but that's a little much for me lol. When my daughter had it I just sectioned out her hair and went thru it piece by piece...twice. It didn't take that long, I just sat her in the sun or did it when she was asleep. The knits are super tiny and a lot of them won't come out in the lice comb....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)