Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

under 13

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do your kids under 13 allowed to have a Facebook page?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
muthrof_2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM
She could have saved them :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I will not allow my children to have one until they are atleast 14. And even then I will only allow them to have on as along as i have full access to their account. And believe me, I will be checking int randomly. After all that I have found out about my SD (she was 13) just by looking at her facebook, yeah, I won't take my chances with my kids. She ruined that for them!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RelaxedMom2-3
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

No I let mine get one when he turned 13.  With checking it daily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM
No I don't even have an account.
GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Nope

cheez1e
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM

My two older have them at 10 and 11. It's totally locked down and they are only on it once a month, if that. They like to be able to send their own messages and stuff to my mom and their cousins. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM

That's very true! :)

Quoting muthrof_2:

She could have saved them :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I will not allow my children to have one until they are atleast 14. And even then I will only allow them to have on as along as i have full access to their account. And believe me, I will be checking int randomly. After all that I have found out about my SD (she was 13) just by looking at her facebook, yeah, I won't take my chances with my kids. She ruined that for them!

caidensmommy625
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
My kids are still little, but if facebook is still around, they can have one when in highschool with supervision. One screwup and its over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mutedsapphire
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
My son is way too young now but when he's old enough for one, I won't mind him having it. But I will be monitoring it. DF and I have already agreed to have strict computer rules when he's older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose0919
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM

my dd 11 has one but i have full access to it. actually im on it more than her.(i send myself things for games)  i see what others in her class post and if she ever did that then she would be grounded for months. 

Sandiekd21
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM

No. My kids won't have FB pages until they are AT LEAST 16 years old. Sorry, but there is WAY more threat than I am comfortable with on internet social sites.
The closest I will come is posting pcs and videos on MY FB.
Now, before the haters can say anything, my page is set to private. You have to know me to see the stuff. I have only famly and very close friends on there, and even those who post comments on them, they have pretty much the same people I do.

Mother to (IMO) the two best kids EVER born. I am a vaxing, corporal punishment (when called for!), loving, teaching my kids to be good, kind, caring, strong, independant people kinda MOMMA.
I am almost an LMT and love making people feel good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN