Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm tired of cleaning up after my husband cleans up! VENT

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 57 Replies

He had the last 2 days off. Sunday was his birthday, so i didnt ask him to do anything, if he wanted to, fine. yesterday, he was supposed to clean the rabbit's cage, the turtles tank, and clean the litter boxes (normally i do those things,but i cant. 30 wks pregnant) While i was at my OB appointment, he cleaned the litter boxes and turtle's tank. BUT he left the vacuum plugged in- un-emptied,right by the litter boxes, left out the pot he used to fill up the turtle's tank with water(then yells at our DD cause she started playing with it) picked up HALF of the living room and left the rest, along with not even cleaning the rabbit's cage. He also said he was gonna do the dishes, and didn't do a single one either.

The most annoying thing is he left the pot out. EVERYTIME he cleans the turtle's tank he leaves it out, despite constant reminders to put it away.I'm tired of deal with this stupid tiny shit that i shouldn't have to deal with. It's so simple, YOU take it out,YOU put it away. why is that so hard?!?!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lazyd
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Guys do this half assed!  I deal with this every day!  I am constantly cleaning up after the hubby and kids cuz they do things half way and think its good enough! 

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM

do a 1/2 ass job on his stuff , Like wash butdont dry his clothes, wash his glass put set a dirty plate in front of him for dinner. Maybe then he will get it.

momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the half assery of men!

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

you know,after years of doing just that, it was one of the contibuting factors of me deciding to be single.

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM
bump

Anonymous71321
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Get used to it or get rid of the pets. (Or husband, lol)

My husband is responsible for the hamster cage (because he bought it and I disagreed because I don't clean up after rodents) and it's never done as often as needed.  Last time I set the thing at his place at the dinner table and told him he could eat after he finished cleaning it, LOL.  He was not amused.  It cracked me up!  I love the man dearly and my son loves his mini hamsters, but I will not be sad when they drop dead.

fanci64
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I get it. I usually dont even ask my husband to help with much unless its his shit because I know it won't be done the way I want it done. Lol he always tries to help but sometimes its more of a hindrance than a help. Lol except for cooking. He's an awesome cook. Lol Try to relax a bit the stress is not good for you at this point in your pregnancy. Good luck to you and Congradulations on the new bundle of joy coming soon.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Bump

MyLittlePwny
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I'm not my husband's mother, his maid, his slave or his bitch.  And he knows it.  Thankfully he has enough of a head on his shoulders to clean what needs to be cleaned without me having to ask for it to be done.  I'm so glad I don't have to treat him like a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN