Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Got Married Before I Graduated HS

Posted by   + Show Post
I met my hubby when I was 17, durring the summer vacation before my Senior year. I got pregnant in October. I turned 18 in January, graduated early (but hadn't "technically" graduated - only finished all my credit requirements and left school halfway through), and got married all in the same month. I then went back when 8 months pregnant for my graduation.

I was known as the "goody goody" in school. When I walked across the stage, there was an audible gasp. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I always laugh at him. I tell him he was my HS sweetheart, but I was not his.

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

HotMichMomma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I met my hubby at 16 had our first when I had just turned 18, got married 5 months later, had our 2nd 9 months after the wedding (pretty sure a honeymoon baby) and in October we will celebrate our 4 year anniversary, been together for 7 and were still very happy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Ten year old girl

Quoting kcangel63:

Congratulations!

How old is you LO?

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Me too. I was married in April I graduated in June. We have been married 15 years. We waited five years to have our only child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotMichMomma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Ummm... I'm pretty sure in most states 16-17 is age of consent. In some states it is 14-15. How is it gross? My hubby is 3 1/2 years older than I am and I met Him at 16. I guess I'm gross too?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm 16.5 is legal age here for girls. My husband and I were also 17 and 22.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Would you be ok with your kids marrying as teens?
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM
If they found the man/woman they loved, and were certain, yes. We would give our input, but it would be their choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you be ok with your kids marrying as teens?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Awww! My Hannah is 10.

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Ten year old girl

Quoting kcangel63:

Congratulations!

How old is you LO?

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Me too. I was married in April I graduated in June. We have been married 15 years. We waited five years to have our only child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I don't think that just because it's legal, makes it okay. I mean, what if it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old? It being legal doesn't make it right. I just think guys in the 20s shouldn't even have any interest in having sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)