Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Got Married Before I Graduated HS

Posted by   + Show Post
I met my hubby when I was 17, durring the summer vacation before my Senior year. I got pregnant in October. I turned 18 in January, graduated early (but hadn't "technically" graduated - only finished all my credit requirements and left school halfway through), and got married all in the same month. I then went back when 8 months pregnant for my graduation.

I was known as the "goody goody" in school. When I walked across the stage, there was an audible gasp. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I always laugh at him. I tell him he was my HS sweetheart, but I was not his.

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

HotMichMomma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I met my hubby at 16 had our first when I had just turned 18, got married 5 months later, had our 2nd 9 months after the wedding (pretty sure a honeymoon baby) and in October we will celebrate our 4 year anniversary, been together for 7 and were still very happy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Ten year old girl

Quoting kcangel63:

Congratulations!

How old is you LO?

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Me too. I was married in April I graduated in June. We have been married 15 years. We waited five years to have our only child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotMichMomma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Ummm... I'm pretty sure in most states 16-17 is age of consent. In some states it is 14-15. How is it gross? My hubby is 3 1/2 years older than I am and I met Him at 16. I guess I'm gross too?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm 16.5 is legal age here for girls. My husband and I were also 17 and 22.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Would you be ok with your kids marrying as teens?
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM
If they found the man/woman they loved, and were certain, yes. We would give our input, but it would be their choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you be ok with your kids marrying as teens?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Awww! My Hannah is 10.

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Ten year old girl

Quoting kcangel63:

Congratulations!

How old is you LO?

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Me too. I was married in April I graduated in June. We have been married 15 years. We waited five years to have our only child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I don't think that just because it's legal, makes it okay. I mean, what if it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old? It being legal doesn't make it right. I just think guys in the 20s shouldn't even have any interest in having sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN