Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Got Married Before I Graduated HS

Posted by   + Show Post
I met my hubby when I was 17, durring the summer vacation before my Senior year. I got pregnant in October. I turned 18 in January, graduated early (but hadn't "technically" graduated - only finished all my credit requirements and left school halfway through), and got married all in the same month. I then went back when 8 months pregnant for my graduation.

I was known as the "goody goody" in school. When I walked across the stage, there was an audible gasp. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
That would depend on the man and her maturity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you be ok with your kids marrying as teens?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Cool?? Way to have zero goals in life?

Mommy4000
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I was engaged before finishing high school, but we didn't end up getting married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally, I do think it's gross for a man who's 20, 21, 22...to want a 16 year old. If you were both still teenagers, as in him being 19 and you 16, that's not as bad. And I don't care if age of consent is 14-15 in some states. Any man in his 20s who wants to have sex with a 14 year old, whether it's legal or not, is a sick f***.

Quoting HotMichMomma:

Ummm... I'm pretty sure in most states 16-17 is age of consent. In some states it is 14-15. How is it gross? My hubby is 3 1/2 years older than I am and I met Him at 16. I guess I'm gross too?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I always laugh at him. I tell him he was my HS sweetheart, but I was not his.

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I have goals. I raise my children to be amazing young adults. I own my home. We run our own businesses. I am a Doula and offer placenta encapsulation services. I homeschool my children.

I am a mother, and a wife. What could be a better goal than that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Cool?? Way to have zero goals in life?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I am 21, my DH is 46, and we have a one year old. We met when I was 17, married at 19. That's gross?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that just because it's legal, makes it okay. I mean, what if it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old? It being legal doesn't make it right. I just think guys in the 20s shouldn't even have any interest in having sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
So a 23 year old mayying an 18 year old is bad. However, a 25 year old marrying a 20 year old is good?

Quoting Anonymous:

Personally, I do think it's gross for a man who's 20, 21, 22...to want a 16 year old. If you were both still teenagers, as in him being 19 and you 16, that's not as bad. And I don't care if age of consent is 14-15 in some states. Any man in his 20s who wants to have sex with a 14 year old, whether it's legal or not, is a sick f***.

Quoting HotMichMomma:

Ummm... I'm pretty sure in most states 16-17 is age of consent. In some states it is 14-15. How is it gross? My hubby is 3 1/2 years older than I am and I met Him at 16. I guess I'm gross too?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
LOL

kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Congratulations. Age is a number only.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am 21, my DH is 46, and we have a one year old. We met when I was 17, married at 19. That's gross?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that just because it's legal, makes it okay. I mean, what if it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old? It being legal doesn't make it right. I just think guys in the 20s shouldn't even have any interest in having sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
22 year olds shouldn't be hanging around 16 or 17 year old girls when there just juniors or seniors in high school. At 22, you should already be in college, maybe even have a degree already, and hanging around adults of your own age.

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Hmmm 16.5 is legal age here for girls. My husband and I were also 17 and 22.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN