Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Got Married Before I Graduated HS

Posted by   + Show Post
I met my hubby when I was 17, durring the summer vacation before my Senior year. I got pregnant in October. I turned 18 in January, graduated early (but hadn't "technically" graduated - only finished all my credit requirements and left school halfway through), and got married all in the same month. I then went back when 8 months pregnant for my graduation.

I was known as the "goody goody" in school. When I walked across the stage, there was an audible gasp. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Replies (31-40):
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

LOL. Imet my DH halfway through my senior year (nov. 06), had a kid in feb of 09. and got married march 2010.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Thank you, yes it is. He doesn't even look as old as he is.

Quoting kcangel63:

Congratulations. Age is a number only.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am 21, my DH is 46, and we have a one year old. We met when I was 17, married at 19. That's gross?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that just because it's legal, makes it okay. I mean, what if it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old? It being legal doesn't make it right. I just think guys in the 20s shouldn't even have any interest in having sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I always laugh at him. I tell him he was my HS sweetheart, but I was not his.

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Ummm...YES THAT'S GROSS! You were 17 and he was FORTY FOUR! No man at that age should even WANT his dick in a 17 year old who isn't even a legal adult yet. Wtf is wrong with people these days? If he was okay with a 17 year old at 44 years old, he probably was okay with a 15 year old too. I can't imagine being 44 and even feeling right about having sex with a young 17 year old high schooler.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am 21, my DH is 46, and we have a one year old. We met when I was 17, married at 19. That's gross?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that just because it's legal, makes it okay. I mean, what if it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old? It being legal doesn't make it right. I just think guys in the 20s shouldn't even have any interest in having sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Anonymous:

So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hsummersill
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM

My best friend's parents got together when they were 15, now they're pushin 50 and still happily married. Personally I couldn't do it, but congratulations on your family.

Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Ah well when I was 14 he was 19 and we were in high school together. He was a senior and I was a freshman. We were friends. It is very common.
Quoting Anonymous:

22 year olds shouldn't be hanging around 16 or 17 year old girls when there just juniors or seniors in high school. At 22, you should already be in college, maybe even have a degree already, and hanging around adults of your own age.

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Hmmm 16.5 is legal age here for girls. My husband and I were also 17 and 22.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
At 17 you are a legal adult in many states.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm...YES THAT'S GROSS! You were 17 and he was FORTY FOUR! No man at that age should even WANT his dick in a 17 year old who isn't even a legal adult yet. Wtf is wrong with people these days? If he was okay with a 17 year old at 44 years old, he probably was okay with a 15 year old too. I can't imagine being 44 and even feeling right about having sex with a young 17 year old high schooler.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Like I said, that doesn't make it right. If you have a dd, would you be okay with a 44 year old man touching her and having sex with her? If you have a ds, would you be okay with him being 44 and bringing some 17 year old who's only a junior or maybe senior in high school, over to family get togethers? And having sex with her? Would you SERIOUSLY feel good and happy about that?

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM
He was 42 when we met, and we didn't have sex until we were married. Stop assuming things. I enjoyed having an older boyfriend because he's classy, he's the kind of guy who pulls out your chair and opens your door and respects you. Things many young man lack. And that is one reason why I love him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I am so glad to hear it work out for you. I know very few people with stories like your's.

I met my wife right before I turned 17. We had to wait until I was 18 to get legally married too (said our vows 6 months before we could do it legally, lol). That was 6.5 years ago. However, I wasn't in high school. I was already in college.

Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM
If he was a good man yeah I would be fine with that. I would have ZERO say in it though. She is an adult. I simply want my daughter happy and well cared for.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said, that doesn't make it right. If you have a dd, would you be okay with a 44 year old man touching her and having sex with her? If you have a ds, would you be okay with him being 44 and bringing some 17 year old who's only a junior or maybe senior in high school, over to family get togethers? And having sex with her? Would you SERIOUSLY feel good and happy about that?

Quoting Coca.Cola:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kcangel63:

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)