Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Got Married Before I Graduated HS

Posted by   + Show Post
I met my hubby when I was 17, durring the summer vacation before my Senior year. I got pregnant in October. I turned 18 in January, graduated early (but hadn't "technically" graduated - only finished all my credit requirements and left school halfway through), and got married all in the same month. I then went back when 8 months pregnant for my graduation.

I was known as the "goody goody" in school. When I walked across the stage, there was an audible gasp. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I bet!
I was married the summer before senior year. We weren't pregnant though.
Now we have 2 things in common:))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, there's something loose in your head lady. Wow. Who the fuck in their right mind, wants their 17 year old with a 44 year old man? *Shudders*

Quoting :

Krissy0509
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I got married in high school as well. I graduated early, got married a week before school ended. We have been together 10 years, married for 7 years.

Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM
What I want doesn't matter. You fail to realize that. She would be an adult. I am able to realize that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, there's something loose in your head lady. Wow. Who the fuck in their right mind, wants their 17 year old with a 44 year old man? *Shudders*

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

If I had graduated when I was supposed to, I would have been married then too, but I graduated a year early, and got married a few months later, while I was pregnant with our first dd. We just had our 5th anniversary last month.

Ladybugemt
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
But if she was 20 and he was 26 it would be ok? Yeah it's the same amount of age difference! Who does it matter..... Hell I dated a guy that was 6 years older than me my dad hated it. Yet I dated a guy 5 years older than me my dad agreed with it because he was a service member.. I am engaged to a guy 7 years older than me who I have known since I was 7 and he really has no say in it but agrees with it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that just because it's legal, makes it okay. I mean, what if it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old? It being legal doesn't make it right. I just think guys in the 20s shouldn't even have any interest in having sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

Quoting kcangel63:

LOL! It was my choice too. It was completely legal in my state as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you were 17 and he was 22, when he started having sex with you? Gross. He shouldn't have been anywhere near high school girls.

Quoting kcangel63:

I always laugh at him. I tell him he was my HS sweetheart, but I was not his.

I was 18. He was 23.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

LOL..I love the "audible gasp". Congrats on being married for so long!! You dont see that too much anymore..esp. with HS sweet hearts! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Yep. All I want is for my kids to be happy. I WANT them to get married to the right person. I WANT them to have kids. However, even that's no guarantee.

Quoting Coca.Cola:

What I want doesn't matter. You fail to realize that. She would be an adult. I am able to realize that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaeljrsmommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like me. I got pregnant in Jan and married in march then I walked across the stage in may 5 months pregnant and married. I was known as a goody goody too and everyone was like Wtf your pregnant and married. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylismomma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Same. I was 17, my husband was 22. I graduated high school early and just graduated college on Saturday! :) 

I am proud of myself, my husband and children did not hinder me from completing college or high school on time. I was determined. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM
My mom turned eighteen and married my Dad in December of her senior year. I wasn't born until the following October, so it wasn't because they were pregnant. I'm 35 and they are still married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN