Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Insurance questions!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

First of all, how many in your family? 

How much do you or your hubby make and how much does your insurance cost each month? Also, what's your deductable, and do you have copays as well? 

I'm going to find out (hopefully today) about what kind of insurance my employer offers, so I am scared I won't be able to afford it. I'm hoping to get an idea of how much I could be paying (for me and my 2 children). Last year when I worked for the school corporation, I was offered insurance that was $200 every two week with a $3500 deductable (yearly for me) and $6000 yearly deductable for each of my kids... smh.. I only made $700 every two weeks after taxes!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I used to pay 100 a month for ridiculously good medical insurance for my whole family. Now it's 220 a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM

that's how my insurance would have worked last year except my deductable was ridiculously high. I decided I didn't need insurance then and at the time I still qualified for medicaid for the kids... now i make too much for medicaid.. but I guess if worse comes to worse I can apply for a special kind of insurance the state offers and they only charge a low amount based on income.. It's for families who make too much for medicaid but can't afford insurance (or aren't offered insurance) through their employer!

Quoting Anonymous:

Just him. It is an extra $100 per child every 2 weeks. It's Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope I get something like that. Is it just for him, or him and kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have insurance. For dh he pays $100 every 2 weeks...deductible is $500 and $35 co pays

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
We have Tricare so we pay no premiums or copays normally. I feel very blessed to have good health insurance, so many military families complain about Tricare but honestly I am very greatful for it.
Coca.Cola
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM
No clue on costs. Tom handles all that. We have no premiums or copays. We are teamsters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My state offers "Chip" for those who make too much for medicaid, but can't afford insurance through their employers. It's like the Peach Care for Kids that your state offers! I guess if worse comes to worse, I will have to resort to that!

Quoting Anonymous:

We are a family of 4.

I'm a SAHM. My husband brings home around $2600.00 a month. 

We don't have insurance on me or him because we simply just can not afford it and the insurance they have is really crap anyways. We have Peach Care for Kids on our children which is a form of state insurance but we pay a small amount each month for it. 

When we did have insurance through his work it was nearly $200 a week (he gets paid weekly). It just got to the point we just couldn't afford it and we dropped it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)