Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Quortnii? What the he**!!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why!? Just why!? This is someone on my FB I am baffled as to why her Mom thought it would be a good idea to totally change the spelling of "Courtney" to this one.This one is awful! How do you feel about uniquely spelled common names?

EDIT: NO where in my original post does it say this person is a child/baby/kid or whatever.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (31-32):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Me too!!

Quoting Mookeymom:

At first glance, I thought it was some kind of new medicine lol oops

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie805
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I have an old name and was picked on by many kids. It didn't help that my sister had the name of a month. I was called a dog from a cartoon and was asked what name of the month I was. Some kids don't get picked on. I was. And yes....long after it was all over, I still remembered why I was picked on. I had normal looks. I was not overweight or had severe acne or scars. I looked like any other kid. I was an average to above average student so, my grades or my intelligence was not the problem. The only thing that stood out about me was this name. I am glad you had a great life even with your name. I have grown to accept my name and even the strength from my name. I still don't like it but, I like myself for being above a word/name.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I have an uncommon name that most people can't pronounce despite a celeb having the same first name... I was even told by my 1st grade teacher that it couldn't possibly be right when I wrote it down... She told me I was writing my own name wrong! Guess what... Nobody cared about my name and nobody picked on me because of it and I don't hold a grudge about it. I don't remember ANYONE picking on someone else's name either despite it being rather awkward... Kids choose better things to pick on a kid about and even if they do mention it being a bad name while picking on them, it's not what is remembered most by the kid being made fun of. I love my uncommon name now although I used to think it was ugly....

Quoting AllieReed:

I think it's terrible. The child goes through life with people mispronouncing & misspelling their names. That's so frustrating. 

Seems to me that people who do that do not have the child's best interest @ heart :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)