Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 Week Cycle? Period Problems

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ok Ladies, heres my background story:

I got my first period at 14. Than, following that I had a period once every 90+ days maybe? It was never regular. I started Birth control at 16, both because I was sexually active and the fact that I couldn't "Predict" my period made for some pretty embarrassing situations growing up. My BC failed and I become pregnant with My Oldest I still had "monthly bleeding" so I actually didn't find out I was pregnant till I was about 18 weeks. I bled the entire pregnancy. Than things went right back to my period coming whenever it felt like.. I didn't care about getting pregnant, If it was meant to happen than so be it, well for 3 years (2 of which were constant TTC) I didn't get pregnant, because I didn't ovulate ever.

Now fast forward to December 2011 I had my second daughter in November 2010. I had a period EVERY month from December 2010-Decemebr 2011 without fail on time to the minute some times LOL than two weeks after I got my normal period I started to bleeding again and I have bleed for one week, and then not for the next for the past 6 &$*(#&$ Months. Every other week. I am at my breaking point, we have tried new BC the only other ooption I was given was to have an ablation, and I am not ready for that.  Wouldn't a D&C give me a "fresh start?" I  can not do the depo shot, as I have a horrible time with migraines when I have to high of a hormone dose. The BC I am on now, is perfect minus the constant bleeding. I can not afford the Mireana or other type things, especially when that chances are it will just have to come out because it will give me migraines.

Tips? Suggestions? What should I do? Should I get my tubes tied? They can sometimes reverse it right? I would be fine with getting my tubes partially tied maybe? IDK if its even possible..

I am at my breaking point with this bleeding I am always so tired, and miserable... and the bleeding I get mid cycle is gross, heave and painful EVERY time. 

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Binkxo
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

BUMP!

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM
There are IUDs that do not use hormones and are still very effective.

If you want more children don't get you tubes tied. In some cases it can be reversed but even with surgery it isn't a guarantee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkxo
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Im just afraid to pay for the IUD (my insuarnce will not cover it) and then have to take it RIGHT out again because its cauing a problem. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)