Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do YOU think about it!?! *poll*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you agree with these kinds of tests??

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 51

View Results

I disagree with it.

When I was pregnant with DD this past year, they made me do the test where they checked the baby for any abnormalities. The test showed that she was a HIGH risk ( I don't remember the numbers) of having down syndrome. (wasn't going to make me love her any less!!) They didn't explain ANYTHING to me untill I called them bawling my eyes out. Come to find out it was a FALSE POSITIVE. Needless to say she was born healthy and no deformities.

I completely disagree with these tests. They need to make sure it's 100% correct or don't do it at all.

but THAT is my opinion.

what do you think???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/07/harmony-prenatal-test-_n_1497395.html?ref=topbar&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl14|sec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D158623

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (41-47):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
My dr told me I could refuse it. I wonder how come yours didn't :( baby girl came out ok tho right?

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't give me a choice they said they do it for everyone. I knew nothing about them. I wish I knew back then what I knew now ya know? :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

I refused it with DD. U don't have to take it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I declined it. They can't force you to take the test. I didn't because I knew regardless of how my child was I still wanted him and  I knew I would love him either way. I also plan on declining it when my hubby and I successfully conceive our next child too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Well I honestly think it was because I was young. I'm not that young and I already had a kid. (I'm 24, was 23 at the time, the Dr was a real douche ) I should have stuck with the dr i had with DS.

And yes she came out perfectly healthy 8lbs 4 oz :)

Quoting nocalmegan:

My dr told me I could refuse it. I wonder how come yours didn't :( baby girl came out ok tho right?

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't give me a choice they said they do it for everyone. I knew nothing about them. I wish I knew back then what I knew now ya know? :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I'm 23. Had Callie at 22. I called my mom for EVERYTHING because I was so clueless with certain things lol. I have an amazing OB tho. I called her with ?s all the time.

And I glad shes perfectly healthy :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I honestly think it was because I was young. I'm not that young and I already had a kid. (I'm 24, was 23 at the time, the Dr was a real douche ) I should have stuck with the dr i had with DS.

And yes she came out perfectly healthy 8lbs 4 oz :)

Quoting nocalmegan:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nocalmegan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_57
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM
They tested me for methanphetamines in my pregnancy, called me asking if I was doing meth, told me my test was positive, argued with me about how tests dont lie, and agreed to retest. called back shortly after to tell me they were "sorry for the confusion" and the previous tests were "faulty"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceemuhreeashbee
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I think they can help to prepare the parents, however, I'm glad they aren't mandatory. I refused them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmagnusmom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I thinks so many tests are unceccessary and cost too much.  A lot are unsafe and give false/positive results.  Sometimes the only ones that benefit are the doctors/hospitals/labs etc. because they're making huge profits!  God only knows what our parent/grandparents did before all this expensive technology!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN