Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who thinks an apocalypse is coming

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Who thinks an apocalypse or end of the world is coming? And when? And how? Are you prepared?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe that we are going to see end of the world but I can imagine economic collapse. We have chosen to they to live as self-sufficiently as possible and living on a farm has made this easy. We never say to our kids that we are preparing for disaster mainly because I grew up during the very real threat of nuclear war with Russia and I remember my mother being obsessed with preparing for it. I lived in constant fear that my friends, animals, and extended family would be killed. We just make it a part of our life-style. I wouldn't consider ourselves Preppers as we don't stockpile, other than the seasonal canning and a freezer full of meat, and we don't have any guns.
lilfishbigocean
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, Idk if something if anything is going to happen - or when it will happen, but my DH has been making me stock up on all sorts of canned goods and non perishables. He had me put together a kick ass first aid kit, and we've stockpiled a bunch of water.
He also has bought a few more guns, and we're totally ready to go with the amount of ammo that we have, just incase. I wouldn't say that we are "doomsday preppers", but we're a little bit prepared. Maybe we'll have a lot more preparations as the time gets closer..

Amyinthesky
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm concerned over the trajectory of an asteroid at the moment but no I don't think there will be an exact end to the world. You could never prepare for such a thing. Just live your life day to day and don't worry about things that can not be controlled. However if you can control something worry and busy yourself over that.

prinsesK
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

big changes? yes

apocolypse or the end of the world? not so much

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Yes

Not in a way everyone expects.
Josie.Grossie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM
My bil does and has crazy prepping going on. I like to laugh at his fb posts, lol!

Dh thinks we are in end times and I do not believe in that type of thing.
We do have a emergency kit with a bunch if stuff but that is for natural disasters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie.Grossie
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM
In what way? I am curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It will happen when god says it will. You can't prepare for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM
We will have a drastic change. Not an apocolypse. The change will be economic. Life will drastically change. No bailouts will help.

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

In what way? I am curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes

squag.mom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah neither am I.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Not a believer in the apocalypse or "end times".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)