Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3 year old terror

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My oldest is 3 and for the past few months her behavior has gone downhill. We use time out and taking toys away as punishment, we are 100% consistent in discipline for her. I am at my fricking limit with her and i do not know what to do. She talks back, tries to hit her younger sister, tells me no constantly. If I ask her to get down off the toybox she screams NO. She is then taken directly to the time out chair and is told once before entering time out WHY she is there and we talk about it again when shes done with time out. I just dont understand why she has turned into tiny terror.

No she doesnt go to school or daycare. I am a SAHM. Yes her dad is here were happily married. Theres nothing going on that would be cause for her to turn on us.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JADIEBUG
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

3's are worse then the 2's by far. Keep doing what you are doing and if the time out chair is not working then take her to her room. Time out chair did not work on my son but he HATED being trapped in his room without anything fun to do and away from everyone. IF that is not possible then relocate the chair away from everyone and where she can't see/hear others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Thank you! She shares a room with her sister and sometimes she's asleep so putting her there isnt always feasible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Can you move the time out chair somewhere really boring and where she can't see/hear anyone? My sister uses the laundry room facing a wall for her kids and it works. I notice time out chairs in the middle of living spaces where a kid can see/hear everyone or have things to look out are not very effective. Also use a timer too...1 minute per age of life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! She shares a room with her sister and sometimes she's asleep so putting her there isnt always feasible

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM
there really isnt a place where she cant see/hear us except our bathroom and i dont feel comfortable with that. I have it in the hall right now she cant see us but she can hear us. We do use a timer though

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Can you move the time out chair somewhere really boring and where she can't see/hear anyone? My sister uses the laundry room facing a wall for her kids and it works. I notice time out chairs in the middle of living spaces where a kid can see/hear everyone or have things to look out are not very effective. Also use a timer too...1 minute per age of life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ireallydontcare
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Have her stand and not sit. Have her nose pointed as close to the wall as possible for 1 minute for each age. Sitting is too comf for some children. If she is made to face and stare at one spot, it might help her be less willing to stay in the time out chair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN