Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE: OMG HE FOUND THIS POST!!i Think I gave my boyfriend herpes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We've been dating awhile now and I never told him I have it. I love him so so much, and I knew that if I told him he'd leave me. I've only ever had one outbreak since I got it so I haven't had to explain anything, but the other day he showed me this spot on his penis and now I'm feeling kinda bad. I didn't honestly think he could get it if I wasn't having symptoms *sigh*

OMG MY LIFE IS FREAKING OVER!!! I've been sick and while I was in bed sleep he had my iPod n went thru my posts n read this one!! He packed up all his stuff, called me a lot of names then called his brother and he picked him up. I cannot believe this is happening I should never have made this post. My world is falling apart like I knew it would I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (361-370):
k_hall1784
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I agree. He has the right to know if the person he chooses to sleep with has an STD. Regardless of what kind of STD it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You were wrong to not tell him, but there wasn't much of a relationship if he goes through your things.  From now on it is best to tell the guy upfront.  If he dumps you over your disease, it's better to know it before you're very involved with him because there are a million things worse than herpes, which does not ruin lives, despite the uneducated crap being posted on here.  It complicates things but a guy who can't see through that is not worth having around.

It's not just about her disease.  It's about her deceit and him having the right to know and make the decision to stay or leave.  She took that choice away from him.  She deserves to be left and any name he calls her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on May. 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

This can't be real. You post it ... and how bad you feel that you never told him ... and then he magically snoops and finds *this* specific post and leaves you? 

sunshinebebe26
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Quoting MWV85:

i would have knocked you the fuck out before i left.....but thats just me.

RIGHT!!!!

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Good! I'm glad he found. Maybe he will even press charges :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 77 on May. 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My hubby wouldn't know the first place to start looking for my posts.....
sunshinebebe26
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM

This post has been rather interesting all I have to say is your a lieing nasty person and I am glad he left you!!

orngblsm
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think most of us have best friends who do what you have done.  And, yes, we have hearts.  Unfortunately for you, all of our sympathy is for your now ex-boyfriend.  What you did is wrong.  You need to grow up, take ressponsibility, and own that.  You say you love him.  Real love involves putting the OTHER person and their best interests first, which you didn't.  If you love something, set it free.  If it comes back to you, it is yours.  If it doesn't, it never was.

I hope you learn from this, so you don't make the same mistake in the future.

Quoting Anonymous:

You women are horrible people with no heart. If your best friend came up to u right now n said the same shit would u talk to them this way??? Love how y'all get so mouthy behind a computer screen

Anouck
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Yes, I do know condoms don't really protect against herpes. I also know people with herpes who got it through no fault of their own. So you're right, I suppose I COULD have gotten it, in spite of taking every precaution, having "the talk" with every partner, and getting tested on a regular basis (and yes, I know you can test negative if you don't have an outbreak at the moment of being tested). 

Regardless, the odds of contracting an STD are lower if you use protection, so if you're sexually active, that's still the smart thing to do, no?

In this case though, the OP KNEW she had herpes,and didn't tell her partner. That's foul.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Smart about it huh. Do you realize condoms don't really protect against herpes? I have it and get OB on the outside. Pelvic area. Also blood test rarely diagnos herpes. Unless you are having an active outbreak and get a culture on it you could have it unkowingly and spread it. People with herpes doesn't mean they made bad decisions. Just saying

Quoting Anouck:

Well, I definitely didn't keep my legs closed, but I was smart enough to ALWAYS use protection, and when my husband and I got serious, we BOTH got tested and got a clean bill of health before ditching the condoms! 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I kept my legs closed until I got married and had him tested before we got married!!

MrKennys_Mom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Hahahahahahahaha you should have been honest and now karma got your ass! You deserve it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thewife06
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Oh, sorry, maybe it's not illegal but there have been court cases where people liek the OP are sued for medical costs, emotional trama, pain & suffering, among anything else a lawyer can pin on them.  Most of the time the Plaintif wins so long as they can prove that the defendant is the person who gave it to them.  And the price can be hefty. 

Quoting Acid:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not illegal to not disclose your sexual history. 

Herpes, unlike AIDS, is not life threatening.  Just incurable. It is not illegal to have sex with someone and not tell them you have herpes.

It might be different if he passed HIV on to you.

http://theherpesblog.com/genital-herpes-illegal/

Quoting Thewife06:

This isn't the worst of your problems.  What you REALLY need to worry about is him taking you to court. 
You *knew* you had herpes and didn't tell him.  That's illegal & if he goes to a lawyer over it, THEN you will be able to say your world is falling apart. 

If you really loved him, you would have given him a chance to NOT get herpes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)