Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe most stereotypes have...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Some truth to them.  Come to think of it, they have a lot of truth.  People are so politically correct these days it is ridiculous!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Replies (181-187):
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Yes, all YOUR natural body oils that in small amounts protects the hair and skin..

If the pore gets clogged with cellular debris, sebum released by the oil glands continues to build up behind it, creating a rich environment for microorganisms to flourish though, which is why washing your skin to remove build up of dead skin cells, dirt, grim, and oils are necessary.

I am WELL away of what they make soup and shampoos out of dear, and there are MANY different types.  Would you like to discuss the ingredients? Go ahead, fire away.

The body does shed some skin naturally, in a process called dequamation. Every 28 days. When skin is shed, you however spread it all over your home, furniture, which can cause allergies, promote more dust mites, etc.  Another reason exfoliation is important. (Removal of dead cells in a shower promotes better cleanliness, not only of our skin, but of our surroundings). `

Healthier skin needs to replace dead skin cells.. stimulation of the stratum germinativum, (aka the basale layer of skin), helps promote heathlier skin cell growth,by exfoliating your promote the growth of colligen and elastin, helping your skin to remain youthful.

When skin it too oily, your hair follicle can fill with sebum trapping it in the follicle causing pimples, cysts, and other like skin problems.

I'm a professional in this field, and obviously have taken basic anatomy and physiology classes. 

Quoting rinaann:

Yes lets scrub away all of OUR natural body oils (which are great for our skin) and replace it with sheep sweat/body oils. That makes so much sense 

You do know thats what they make soup and shampoo out of right?

The body has natural ways of getting rid of skin, there is no need to scrub off tons of living cells. Take a basic anatomy and physiology class and you can learn a ton 

Quoting jessi2girls:

And he's on the money on it.

Soap has surfactants that are only designed to remove oils and water from the skin, not dirt, dead skin cells, grim.. etc.

Exfoliation is needed to remove those thing... not just soap.. and hands aren't rough enough to do the job properly.. at best you can remove surface dirt with enough scrubbing with your hands, and the oils

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I was watching Dr. Oz and he said that using the loofahs causes you to get rid of extra skin cells that are necessary to help keep moisture in your skin.  It was a show about how to prevent aging fast, LOL!

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

Quoting SDarvasi:

It's amazing to me then, how people all around the world manage to stay clean without a rag or wash cloth. How DO they manage?

Quoting Anonymous:

nope... unless your hand are really dry and crackly and work wonders to exfoliate!

Quoting SDarvasi:

can your hands not lather soap and do essentially the same thing? Just wondering.

Quoting _mimimosley_:

One I have seen to be true, not all but most, is white people do not use wash rags to wash their body off in the bath/shower. I will say, in the past when I have been to someones house and asked for a wash rag, they do not have any, I think, ewwww.
O.o

That and the fact that a demotologist told me not use a wash cloth or  the puffie things because they spread bacteria around,,,especially since people usually use them more then once. I was told it was cleaner to use your hands and if you want to exfoliate.. get an exfoliant.

rinaann
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Professional? In what field?

Quoting jessi2girls:

Yes, all YOUR natural body oils that in small amounts protects the hair and skin..

If the pore gets clogged with cellular debris, sebum released by the oil glands continues to build up behind it, creating a rich environment for microorganisms to flourish though, which is why washing your skin to remove build up of dead skin cells, dirt, grim, and oils are necessary.

I am WELL away of what they make soup and shampoos out of dear, and there are MANY different types.  Would you like to discuss the ingredients? Go ahead, fire away.

The body does shed some skin naturally, in a process called dequamation. Every 28 days. When skin is shed, you however spread it all over your home, furniture, which can cause allergies, promote more dust mites, etc.  Another reason exfoliation is important. (Removal of dead cells in a shower promotes better cleanliness, not only of our skin, but of our surroundings). `

Healthier skin needs to replace dead skin cells.. stimulation of the stratum germinativum, (aka the basale layer of skin), helps promote heathlier skin cell growth,by exfoliating your promote the growth of colligen and elastin, helping your skin to remain youthful.

When skin it too oily, your hair follicle can fill with sebum trapping it in the follicle causing pimples, cysts, and other like skin problems.

I'm a professional in this field, and obviously have taken basic anatomy and physiology classes. 

Quoting rinaann:

Yes lets scrub away all of OUR natural body oils (which are great for our skin) and replace it with sheep sweat/body oils. That makes so much sense 

You do know thats what they make soup and shampoo out of right?

The body has natural ways of getting rid of skin, there is no need to scrub off tons of living cells. Take a basic anatomy and physiology class and you can learn a ton 

Quoting jessi2girls:

And he's on the money on it.

Soap has surfactants that are only designed to remove oils and water from the skin, not dirt, dead skin cells, grim.. etc.

Exfoliation is needed to remove those thing... not just soap.. and hands aren't rough enough to do the job properly.. at best you can remove surface dirt with enough scrubbing with your hands, and the oils

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I was watching Dr. Oz and he said that using the loofahs causes you to get rid of extra skin cells that are necessary to help keep moisture in your skin.  It was a show about how to prevent aging fast, LOL!

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

Quoting SDarvasi:

It's amazing to me then, how people all around the world manage to stay clean without a rag or wash cloth. How DO they manage?

Quoting Anonymous:

nope... unless your hand are really dry and crackly and work wonders to exfoliate!

Quoting SDarvasi:

can your hands not lather soap and do essentially the same thing? Just wondering.

Quoting _mimimosley_:

One I have seen to be true, not all but most, is white people do not use wash rags to wash their body off in the bath/shower. I will say, in the past when I have been to someones house and asked for a wash rag, they do not have any, I think, ewwww.
O.o

That and the fact that a demotologist told me not use a wash cloth or  the puffie things because they spread bacteria around,,,especially since people usually use them more then once. I was told it was cleaner to use your hands and if you want to exfoliate.. get an exfoliant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

oooo... antibacterial soap... that's for a whole other post altogether

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Because the covering it in soap (usually anti-bacterial) and water and then rinsing it daily makes it ... dirty? 

Quoting Anonymous:

yep.... and loofahs work too, but the problem is that most people don't ever wash the loofah.... ewwwwwww

(and I'm white! but have a linen closet full of facecloths and "washrags"... ha ha)

Quoting _mimimosley_:

Exfoliation its key to clean

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SDarvasi:

Quoting _mimimosley_:

O.o

5babies757
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

I laughed when I saw a black woman buying 2 huge watermelons yesterday.  Immature?  Probably, but I couldn't help myself.

Did she have fried chicken and kool aid in her cart too?

Oh wow

5babies757
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Is there a stereotype for mixed people? Just wondering

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Theyre confused. Idk

Quoting 5babies757:

Is there a stereotype for mixed people? Just wondering

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Quoting 5babies757:

Anon started it. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured