Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm kind of proud of my daughter for getting suspended.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 407 Replies
65 moms liked this

My daughter is a junior in high school and she got suspended for punching a boy in the face. He was making fun of a girl who is very unpopular and weird. He posted a status on facebook saying something along the lines of "I love you, come over my house so we can fuck" and then "tagged" the unpopular girl in the post. My daughter is not friends with the girl but she knows her and she knows that the boy was being a major ass. But she said something on FB to the guy and told him to keep his mouth shut and stop talking to that girl. 

He didn't. She saw him at school with his arm around the girl and saying all these things to her. The girl was obviously trying to ignore him and just walk away but he was walking with her and kept saying stuff so my DD walked up to him and told him once again to leave her alone. He then went on to say "oh but she's my girl friend, i love her" bla bla bla. just making fun of her some more. So my DD punched him in the face. Right in the mouth. 

She got suspended because of their no tolerancy bull shit but I don't care. That little punk deserved to get punched in the face! My daughter isn't a bad kid at all. She has always been in honors classes, never been in trouble and is even in the art scholars program but she knows what is right and she will stand up to any douche bag who tries to act like him. 

ETA I'd like to clear a few things up. The boy is now being suspended for bullying and profanity however NOTHING was being done about his bullying before. If she had taken the facebook status to the principal he would have gotten one of day of ISS. That's in school suspension where he gets to sit in a class room with the choice of reading, napping or catching up on school work. How wonderful of a punishment for a bully right? My daughter has NEVER been a violent person but nothing was or ever would be done about this guy and she couldn't stand it anymore. He was following this girl around saying obscene things to her and humiliating her on facebook. No punching him may not have been the best choice but she is a 16 year old girl in high school and she was standing up to a jackass so yes I'm proud of her for that. 

I find it funny that so many mom on here agree that bullying is so wrong when there are articles about kids getting beat up or harassed then commit suicide yet when a situation like my dd's comes up, we need to turn the other cheek. Let the teachers handle it even though we all know they do nothing. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwife.mommy2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM
19 moms liked this
*clap clap clap*
I agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM
6 moms liked this

I have a daughter the same age.  She would be in big trouble if she did that.  I expect her to use her iphone to show the facebook post to the principal and let him handle it.  I would expect she take that girl by the hand and bring her to the nearest class and get help from friends if need be.  We do not punch other than to defend yourself in our family.  Its barbaric.  

Nicsone
39 moms liked this

clappingI love that she stood up for her. I wish their were more kids that stood up for each other. Obviously the staff is failing.

Namaste17
13 moms liked this
I can't say that punching him was the best choice, but I would be proud too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Awesome! I agree with anyone who stands up to bullies!
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Yeah, tarnish her school career - what a proud moment. I see where you are coming from in a twisted sort of way but you can't just walk around punching people.

mkmommy0406
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Good job DD!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Props to your daughter for sticking up for someone...my mom always told us that we would never get in trouble for being suspended if we were sticking up for someone or something we believed in.

angelbaby1977
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Disagree with you. My DD would be in big trouble for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

You go sister girl! yay for her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)