Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm kind of proud of my daughter for getting suspended.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My daughter is a junior in high school and she got suspended for punching a boy in the face. He was making fun of a girl who is very unpopular and weird. He posted a status on facebook saying something along the lines of "I love you, come over my house so we can fuck" and then "tagged" the unpopular girl in the post. My daughter is not friends with the girl but she knows her and she knows that the boy was being a major ass. But she said something on FB to the guy and told him to keep his mouth shut and stop talking to that girl. 

He didn't. She saw him at school with his arm around the girl and saying all these things to her. The girl was obviously trying to ignore him and just walk away but he was walking with her and kept saying stuff so my DD walked up to him and told him once again to leave her alone. He then went on to say "oh but she's my girl friend, i love her" bla bla bla. just making fun of her some more. So my DD punched him in the face. Right in the mouth. 

She got suspended because of their no tolerancy bull shit but I don't care. That little punk deserved to get punched in the face! My daughter isn't a bad kid at all. She has always been in honors classes, never been in trouble and is even in the art scholars program but she knows what is right and she will stand up to any douche bag who tries to act like him. 

ETA I'd like to clear a few things up. The boy is now being suspended for bullying and profanity however NOTHING was being done about his bullying before. If she had taken the facebook status to the principal he would have gotten one of day of ISS. That's in school suspension where he gets to sit in a class room with the choice of reading, napping or catching up on school work. How wonderful of a punishment for a bully right? My daughter has NEVER been a violent person but nothing was or ever would be done about this guy and she couldn't stand it anymore. He was following this girl around saying obscene things to her and humiliating her on facebook. No punching him may not have been the best choice but she is a 16 year old girl in high school and she was standing up to a jackass so yes I'm proud of her for that. 

I find it funny that so many mom on here agree that bullying is so wrong when there are articles about kids getting beat up or harassed then commit suicide yet when a situation like my dd's comes up, we need to turn the other cheek. Let the teachers handle it even though we all know they do nothing. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (361-370):
RedRozeMom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:24 AM
IDK...I wouldn't have been upset if my kid had did this, but I wouldn't be proud either. There are other ways of handling this without punching the boy.

Here...the kid is arrested for fighting and gets to spend a few days in kiddie jail, in addition to a 3 day school suspension. The kids my daughter knew who got in fights now are on probation. So...no, I would not have wanted my daughter to punch a guy for this. She would have not been able to get into the navy with something like this on her record.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:47 AM
This

Quoting Nicsone:

clappingI love that she stood up for her. I wish their were more kids that stood up for each other. Obviously the staff is failing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Good for your daughter!  That is really awesome.  Take her out for some fun time while she is suspended she deserves it!

JAMom07
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I'm proud of your daughter for standing up for someone else. I used to be the other girl. Wish I had someone like your daughter all those years ago. ***Way to go girl***

abbymomo2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I have learned through the years that it really isn't a good idea to post on here if you're going to take what these women have to say to heart. They will go against whatever is said, no matter what. A fair majority of these women are no better than the bully your daughter punched.

I say, good for her. Was punching him the best decision? I think it probably was. Teachers weren't doing anything, she had already told him to leave the girl alone, he wouldn't. She punched him, got people's attention and action was taken. I'd be very proud of my daughter, I think she did the "right"  thing.

Bozo75
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Major props to your daughter. It's very rare that even kids stand up for one another these days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Yes I updated only when asked certain questions because I wanted yo answer them without mu answer getting lost in the replies. My daughter is mature enough that it she liked the guy, she would have told him. Not punched him. And I fail to see how publicly announcing on Facebook that you want to fuck is affectionate.

Quoting Anonymous:

I' m sorry I don't believe your update. You only updated,when you were questioned about certain things. One thing I questioned was,you kepted calling the boy a bully,I saw a boy trying to get a girl attention,and didn't know how,and went too far and he should have been corrected by the school,and his parents. Another thing,how is it only your dd saw the fb statement and the hugging in the hallway. I have daughters,and I worked with girls in high school, I know when girls have crushes. While you praising your punching champ,you may ask her,how do she really feel about the boy. I think she punched him because he was showing that ugly girl affection.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Va

Quoting ProudMommy_1034:

What state do you live in ?

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter is a junior in high school and she got suspended for punching a boy in the face. He was making fun of a girl who is very unpopular and weird. He posted a status on facebook saying something along the lines of "I love you, come over my house so we can fuck" and then "tagged" the unpopular girl in the post. My daughter is not friends with the girl but she knows her and she knows that the boy was being a major ass. But she said something on FB to the guy and told him to keep his mouth shut and stop talking to that girl. 

He didn't. She saw him at school with his arm around the girl and saying all these things to her. The girl was obviously trying to ignore him and just walk away but he was walking with her and kept saying stuff so my DD walked up to him and told him once again to leave her alone. He then went on to say "oh but she's my girl friend, i love her" bla bla bla. just making fun of her some more. So my DD punched him in the face. Right in the mouth. 

She got suspended because of their no tolerancy bull shit but I don't care. That little punk deserved to get punched in the face! My daughter isn't a bad kid at all. She has always been in honors classes, never been in trouble and is even in the art scholars program but she knows what is right and she will stand up to any douche bag who tries to act like him. 

ETA I'd like to clear a few things up. The boy is now being suspended for bullying and profanity however NOTHING was being done about his bullying before. If she had taken the facebook status to the principal he would have gotten one of day of ISS. That's in school suspension where he gets to sit in a class room with the choice of reading, napping or catching up on school work. How wonderful of a punishment for a bully right? My daughter has NEVER been a violent person but nothing was or ever would be done about this guy and she couldn't stand it anymore. He was following this girl around saying obscene things to her and humiliating her on facebook. No punching him may not have been the best choice but she is a 16 year old girl in high school and she was standing up to a jackass so yes I'm proud of her for that. 

I find it funny that so many mom on here agree that bullying is so wrong when there are articles about kids getting beat up or harassed then commit suicide yet when a situation like my dd's comes up, we need to turn the other cheek. Let the teachers handle it even though we all know they do nothing. 

mrs.jessefuller
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Good for her! I love it when a kid stands up for the bullied kids. And Congrats to u for raising her that way. Sorry she got suspended but she got her point across! Now he gets to walk around telling people he got his ass kicked by a girl lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MotherOF5Cuties
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Good for her. This bulling b.s needs to stop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured