Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's pretty pathetic when..

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM
  • 99 Replies

The highlight of my day is a trip to Wal-Mart. 

I didn't even need anything, It's just down the road and I wanted to pass some time. Ugh. I''m going craazay here. I'm a SAHM and a full time student. I'm in class once a week and the rest are online. My house is clean, the laundry is done, dinner is cooked, cookies are baked, went for a walk,  lo is happy and playing..  and this is all by 5:30!  My dh doesn't get home until around 10. I don't know annyone in this town.  I'm seriously bored! I need a hobby sheesh-laweesh.

any suggestions?  

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Innocencedreams
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM

That is a bit sad. Find a hobby maybe? Or a group of some kind in your area that you can join?

Mama2Jaelyn
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Any mom groups in your area?

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I did that when dd was a baby. That's when I joined a moms group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Maybe you could try a mommy and me class. Don't really know, being bored isn't something I am too often.

LoveMyLilPeople
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I'm in the same exact boat.  House is clean, pie is baked, baby is happy, and then.... nothing.  I don't know anybody in this town either.  We moved here for my husband's job.  Volunteer or find a baby play group.  I have to do those things too.  I'm going crazy as well.  Usually it's the grocery store that is the highlight of my day, though.

Mazi184
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

yah! I found a moms group for my town and emailed them, but I have yet to get a response. This was only a few days ago, so we'll see. I love to bake, but I can only make cookies and cakes so many times a day before it gets a little ridiculous, lol.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

I did that when dd was a baby. That's when I joined a moms group!

CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

when DS was 5 months old i joined a mommy group.. 5 years later 6 of us are still friends, our kids are still friends and our kids born after are friends...

Mazi184
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Mhm, it sucks!  I'm looking into moms groups, so hopefully something will turn up. I just hope I fit in, a lot of the moms are a older than me.. I don't care, as long as your nice and we have a good time we can be friends lol.

Quoting LoveMyLilPeople:

I'm in the same exact boat.  House is clean, pie is baked, baby is happy, and then.... nothing.  I don't know anybody in this town either.  We moved here for my husband's job.  Volunteer or find a baby play group.  I have to do those things too.  I'm going crazy as well.  Usually it's the grocery store that is the highlight of my day, though.

KristinawithaK
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

feel free to come on over and tidy up  :)

MammaQuinny
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

When I was in that same boat, I became very social on any outing to just socialize with people!  I look back and miss those days now :-(  I miss my baby being a baby!  There are mommy and me activities you could find!  I did a mommy and me preschool type of class and it was free and we loved it!  good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)