Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's pretty pathetic when..

Posted by   + Show Post

The highlight of my day is a trip to Wal-Mart. 

I didn't even need anything, It's just down the road and I wanted to pass some time. Ugh. I''m going craazay here. I'm a SAHM and a full time student. I'm in class once a week and the rest are online. My house is clean, the laundry is done, dinner is cooked, cookies are baked, went for a walk,  lo is happy and playing..  and this is all by 5:30!  My dh doesn't get home until around 10. I don't know annyone in this town.  I'm seriously bored! I need a hobby sheesh-laweesh.

any suggestions?  

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

where are you from?  Wanna come clean and cook for me?? That'll help you pass time.  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Sounds like you need a hobby or to get outside interests. That is no way to live!

lowencope
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Trolling
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was in that situation, I joined a gym that had childcare.  Went to a water aerobics class twice a week, met people there (that I'm still friends with 18 years later), was able to shower and do my hair/makeup in peace, and felt better with all the regular exercise as well.  Truly, it was my lifeline.

cmeeso
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM

LOL.

I feel the same way. I like looking at the houseware stuff.

*shy face*

Queen_Bree
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

As a Suggestion...Sewing is always fun and maybe you could earn some extra cash too... look on freecycle in your area or at local thrift shops for a sewing machine and notions and fabrics. You can always find free patterns on line.

Since you bake you might try baking fancy cakes or gourmet cookies. make a  list of things you enjoy or would like to try doing and explore them one at a time and see what you can fit into your days schedule... 

i wish you the best

Jay9xoxo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
It's so easy!! I learned watching you tube videos!! Lol

Quoting Mazi184:

I do exercize, I have a great app on my phone that has a bunch of workouts so during one of the lo's naps I do that, but that's only 45 minutes of a day lol. 

As for crocheting, I REALLY want to get into that, I've seen so many cute and cool things to make on different websites. Idk I'm just intimidated by it, lol, It looks so hard to learn. I don't even know how to start!

Quoting Jay9xoxo:

Do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? How about excersizing or reading?

I crochet to take up some hours of my day that are free. I'm working on a huge queen size blanket at the moment, so it's keeping me kind of busy lol.

How about going for a walk or a jog? Maybe do a Zumba DVD for fun, or a kickboxing DVD?

Read any good books lately? The fifty shades trilogy is keeping me occupied too lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha I love getting out of the house even if its just going to a store. But it doesn't bother me. I'm not a big people person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:07 PM

got room for a container garden?

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Join a gym or fitness class, like Zumba.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN