Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it a white guy thing???

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

My friend Nicole, who is white, has been with Jay, who is black, for over a year now. They just recently moved into a condo together with Nicole's 2 kids. Nicole has been feeling neglected by Jay lately & when she brings up the fact that he never gives her compliments Jay tells her that giving compliments is a white guy thing.

I beg to differ with him. I am white & I have had several black guys compliment me! So it can't be a white guy thing, right? IDK maybe I'm wrong here, but I think any guy who is proud of his woman & wants to make her feel special is very capable of giving compliments- not matter what the race.

So why would he say something like this? Do you think he is just not one of those guys that gives compliments?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bchic24
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Well my husband is black and he gives me compliments every day! Sounds like that guy is just an idiot.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Quoting bchic24:

Well my husband is black and he gives me compliments every day! Sounds like that guy is just an idiot.

I keep telling her this! He will bring up her past & make her feel like sh!t because of the fact that she was not a virgin (yet neither was he when they met)! He also threw in her face the fact that she was with a white guy (her DD is from a white guy her DS is mixed)! He is constantly putting her down & reminding her of the fact that she has a rep of cheating on boyfriends. That was all in the past- she moved in with this guy because she thought he was the one. This is the 1st guy she has signed a lease with & it's coming back to bite her in the butt! She is ready to settle down & he keeps doing this crap!

alwayskk
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I'm not married, but in my experience, black men are far more adoring towards me than any other race, as far as compliments go.

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Never been with a black man but my white man sucks at giving compliments. There goes that theory!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Omg... Part of the reason I loved being with black guys in the past is because they made me feel beautiful and sexy.  

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting bchic24:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
that guy is full of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondsetter
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
4 moms liked this
Black, white, whatever...not giving the woman you love compliments is a soon-to-be-single guy thing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
How stupid. Lame excuse of being an asshole lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on May. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

She's obviously with an asshole. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN