Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We've hit rock bottom...ask me anything.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
I've never tried to ask anyone for anything but I feel like it's never going to get
better no matter how hard I try. My fiance and I moved in with my mother two
years ago in July. Before that we had lost our apartment due to me losing my
job and my car permanently breaking down. We lived in our place for a week
with no electricity, no hot water, and no food. We lived through it. My mom
offered us a place to stay with her and my 11 y/o sister and 10 y/o brother so we took it. I started working at my new job, found out I was pregnant, and things
were starting to look up for us. My fiance found a job and I had planned on
starting school and working, we were heading in the right direction. My
daughter was born and we were SOOOO happy, our life felt nearly complete.
Then, all of a sudden, my daughter got sick and so did I. I ended up getting fired
from my job, wasn't qualified for unemployment because they couldn't find a reasonable excuse for my termination. Okay fine, df still had a job so I could look
for one and we'd be okay. Well, he wound up having to have surgery under his
arm and, he too, got fired from his job. All within 2 months apart. So we
depended on my income taxes and his little side jobs to get us by, needless to
say my income taxes have been gone for quite a while now after helping my
mom with bills, who also doesn't have a steady job, & purchasing a car that we badly needed. It's taking all that we have to sell what we can to pay the
electricity and my car insurance. I've had to borrow money for diapers these
past couple of weeks and now our electricity bill & car insurance are due and we
don't have a dime to put towards either one. My dd has no summer clothes
because I don't want to ask anyone for help and my fiance and I haven't spent
money on ourselves in years so we are both just wearing & washing, wearing & washing. If I did find a decent job I'd have no choice but to turn it down
because I can't afford to buy clothes. We've tried churches and such but with
the bills being in my step dads name (mom and step dad are going through
divorce and child support battle now) they won't help us. We have no one to
turn to and I feel like giving up. I cry most days but I have to be strong for my
little girl. I don't know what kind of help I could get so I guess all I'm asking is if anyone knows about where I could ask for help and actually get it. I'm not asking for any handouts, just a point in the right direction.
I have no friends or other family to help, not that they would if they could. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding my post and I will be glad to answer them. Please pray for us.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Prayers for you and (((hugs)))

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM

In my thoughts, can you get PA, housing? If I found a decent job I would open a walmart CC and spend 40 bucks and wear and wash until things look up. So sorry.

meka26
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Sorry, hope things get better soon!!!

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Prayers for you sweetie **hugs*

ArianasMama2007
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Call 211
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Quoting GirlWithANikon:

In my thoughts, can you get PA, housing? If I found a decent job I would open a walmart CC and spend 40 bucks and wear and wash until things look up. So sorry.

I have tried opening a walmart cc when I was working there, without a prior cc or credit to back it up, I'm not eligible for one. I've always been scared of credit cards & debt. And the PA housing around here cost nearly 500 bucks just for deposits, lights, water, & trash. Not much assistance if I say so myself. I'm calling everyday and applying everywhere I can think of. I even called my old job and they put me on hold for 30 minutes, never came back to the phone, and hung up on me when I called back. It's like no one cares if you have a family to support anymore.
Bozo75
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Have you applied for PA bc it seems you would qualify. I get it and my mom lives with us (also divorcing my stepdad), I just don't include her when I recertify. For my family of three, I get $495/mnth FS, and medicaid. As for clothes, have u tried the red cross or salvation army? You mentioned churches, they often time have "closets" for families in your situation. You should go to DSS and see what all you qualify for asap bc it takes up to 30 days to find out, in most cases. Feel free to pm me, if you have any questions. Oh and what state are you in? I'd be happy to look into some things for you to get some info your way. Just hang in there mama, there's always sunshine after the rain. ((HUGS))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Hugs and prayers mama. 

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I believe PA housing goes by income, at least it does here anyway. I have family who live in it for free.

try other stores for clothing cc, idk if it has changed but I was able to get them when I had really, really, really bad credit and thats worse then no credit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

I have tried opening a walmart cc when I was working there, without a prior cc or credit to back it up, I'm not eligible for one. I've always been scared of credit cards & debt. And the PA housing around here cost nearly 500 bucks just for deposits, lights, water, & trash. Not much assistance if I say so myself. I'm calling everyday and applying everywhere I can think of. I even called my old job and they put me on hold for 30 minutes, never came back to the phone, and hung up on me when I called back. It's like no one cares if you have a family to support anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Quoting Bozo75:

Have you applied for PA bc it seems you would qualify. I get it and my mom lives with us (also divorcing my stepdad), I just don't include her when I recertify. For my family of three, I get $495/mnth FS, and medicaid. As for clothes, have u tried the red cross or salvation army? You mentioned churches, they often time have "closets" for families in your situation. You should go to DSS and see what all you qualify for asap bc it takes up to 30 days to find out, in most cases. Feel free to pm me, if you have any questions. Oh and what state are you in? I'd be happy to look into some things for you to get some info your way. Just hang in there mama, there's always sunshine after the rain. ((HUGS))

I am receiving fs but can't get health insurance unless I'm either pregnant or filing for child support. Makes no sense to me. I've been to the clothes closets they have around here and just like always they never have anything that fits me. (I'm a plus size girl) and never have the size clothes for my daughter either. I'm in ga and thanks! It's nice to see people who care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN