Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm super judgmental. . .

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

oh people who get epidurals within the first 12 hours of labor.....and I can't help it!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Replies (111-114):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 1:54 AM

most the dr's around here wont induce (from no contrations or start of labor) untill a 2 weeks over due unless there are complications...thats crazy it jsut makes it worse on you....I wont agree to an induction unless im 2 weeks over or complications

Quoting cmarie214:

my sil went in 2 days after her "due date" she was not in labor, no contractions... nothing! so they gave her pitocin and she was in labor for like 20 some hours..... they delivered the baby and said that they were wrong about her due date and she probably could have went for 2 more week. one of his testicles hadnt dropped yet. but because she was tired of being pregnant and the doctor said she was past her due date they put her on pitocin.

its crazy to me... why force your body to go into labor if the baby isnt ready. its a pretty natural process and your body know what to do. so why force it?

Quoting Anonymous:

completely agreed...they started my sister in laws pitocin at 2 cm and had only been in the hospital for 6 hours...couldnt believe she agreed to it...i wouldnt have

Quoting cmarie214:

pitocin is overused... the majority of people who are are put on pitocin dont really need it. babies are induced all the time for no good reason. not saying this is the case all the time, but it does happen! i could give care less about what others choose as their birth plan, but it does irritate me when babies are induced for no good reason.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, your pretty judgemental. Some have to have pitocin and get epidurals shortly after getting the pitocin. How many kids do you have? judgmental

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

i'm sorry about your experiences...I went 5 days over due but finally went into it on my own

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't even in labor for 12 hours. I was admitted at 5pm and given cervidil. At 5am they started the pitocin. I had my c-section at noon. I was past my due date and I had not dilated AT ALL. Seriously. They couldn't get the epidural at first so I asked for IV pain meds and I didn't get my epidural till about 11:30am. Cervidil sucks. I will never do that again. I've had 3 c-sections and only attempted to be induced once. I went over my due date with 2 of the 3 and never dilated with any of them. Not even 1/2cm. With my second c-section they parked the gurney outside the OR and told me to walk in. I thought that was crazy. I literally walked into an OR to have surgery. The third one the wheeled me in and let me get off and then step onto the operating table. I'm jealous of women who can deliver vaginally. I've come to terms with not being able to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Thanks. It's good you went on your own. And technically I don't know if I even dilated with my third. My doctor never even checked once. I think he knows that my pelvis is like iron and won't open for anyone. Everyone was worried about me going into labor early. I did a girls weekend less than 2 weeks before my scheduled c-section but the good thing about that was I got away from my husband and 2 kids and had about 10 women who took care of me the whole weekend. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

i'm sorry about your experiences...I went 5 days over due but finally went into it on my own

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't even in labor for 12 hours. I was admitted at 5pm and given cervidil. At 5am they started the pitocin. I had my c-section at noon. I was past my due date and I had not dilated AT ALL. Seriously. They couldn't get the epidural at first so I asked for IV pain meds and I didn't get my epidural till about 11:30am. Cervidil sucks. I will never do that again. I've had 3 c-sections and only attempted to be induced once. I went over my due date with 2 of the 3 and never dilated with any of them. Not even 1/2cm. With my second c-section they parked the gurney outside the OR and told me to walk in. I thought that was crazy. I literally walked into an OR to have surgery. The third one the wheeled me in and let me get off and then step onto the operating table. I'm jealous of women who can deliver vaginally. I've come to terms with not being able to. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I never understood gettin' an epi and why the docs and nurses push them.

I wanted to feel everything and knew my body could do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured