Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it's ok to Date and have Sex with others while Separated and heading for divorce?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think it's ok to Date and have Sex with others while Separated and heading for divorce?

Options:

Yes, I think it's ok.

No, I think it's wrong.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Some states have waiting periods for divorce up to 2 years.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
LoriaAnn
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

yes....and TWO YEARS?!? Omg, two years without sex and i would DIE! lol

Survivor6388
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I dated while we were separated as did he. The agreement was we were separating to see what we wanted, we could date but the other one had to know about it and if we chose to work our marriage out AS LONG AS the dating stopped as of the day we dropped the divorce neither of us would be angry, it was a mutual agreement. But anyone we dated during the separation we had to cut all contact with at the time we dropped the divorce as well. 

We dropped the divorce but at the time we were both pretty much done. It took a miracle to save our marriage and our marriage is still rocky.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly.  I'm not legally divorced yet but been separated from my ex for a while.  I'm dating this new guy and my stbxh knows, he doesn't give a damn as long as the guy treats me and our kids right.

Quoting Survivor6388:

As long as both parties agree it's okay it's okay.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is up to the individual person and what they feel is right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Oh Geez, not this again. 

parentalrights1
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Sure if you're separated and moving on with your lives, you're not really together. Some people feel like the marriage has to be over legally for it to be moral, but I think it matters most that the people involved aren't hurting eachother than whether a court thinks of them as married or not. I consider separated to mean broken up.

Just be carefule and make sure there's not a crazy ex who wants to take advantage of the legalities and cause problems for you.

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quoting Venae:

No, because you're married.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

my ex left me. at that point our marriage was over and he had a girlfriend of his own. that being said he made getting a divorce very difficult and did everything he could to cause me pain. so yes, it was okay for me to be with somebody else. 

parentalrights1
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Not everyone is religious. Do you have a reason that has nothing to do with religion or the bible?

Quoting Anonymous:

NO it isn't alright.It's adultery.

Laura01_2012
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Well, I sure hope I think its ok, cuz I'm in that exact situation now. Stbx and I are both with other people and the divorce hasn't been filed yet. He's engaged to his SO and mine and I have talked about marriage. The only thing stopping the divorce is the fact that we can't afford it yet. Papers are signed and everything. My SO actually moved in with me a couple weeks after stbx moved out. Stbx and I only got married cuz I was pregnant though. So the marriage was pretty much done before it started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeckyls-mommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting parentalrights1:

Sure if you're separated and moving on with your lives, you're not really together. Some people feel like the marriage has to be over legally for it to be moral, but I think it matters most that the people involved aren't hurting eachother than whether a court thinks of them as married or not. I consider separated to mean broken up.

Just be carefule and make sure there's not a crazy ex who wants to take advantage of the legalities and cause problems for you.

the crazy ex comment made me giggle. my boyfriends wife keeps haulting the damn thing cuz she thinks if she makes him miserable enough with the terms involving thier son and drags it out long enough he will give up and back to being miserable. i actually kind of feel bad for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)