Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm glad I dont live in NC and I will never even visit there...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
3 moms liked this

bc of what got passed today...

here are my personal thoughts, and I'm not just concerened about the Same-sex marriage, It goes alot deeper than that and honestly I'm more frightened by the fact that it seems like so many people just saw "make same-sex marriage illegel" and didnt research deeper to see how else this might effect people.

I can understand the "it's a sin" based on your religion and I respect that truly I do, But a church has the right to refuse to Marry anyone... So why is it so hard for them to be able to go down to the courthouse and get married? America was not founded on christianity there is no reason for religious views to be taking over the goverment and forcing people to live the christian way if that is not how they want to. Why is it anyone's concern if they are together? Why does it effect their belief so much? Will it make them less of a Christian for letting others live their life happy?

No one has to take religion out of everything but there is no reason to force others religious beliefs upon others... That is my issue... The main issue with same-sex marriages is opposed by christians which is fine, thats their beliefs but there is No reason to make their religious beliefs a law and force others to follow those beliefs.... God loves us unconditionally he doesn't say "clean up your act and then I will love you. Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." In this verse and in John 3:16, we find no conditions placed on God's love for us

http://www.ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/North_Carolina_Same-Sex_Marriage,_Amendment_1_(May_2012)

http://www.protectncfamilies.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlKsycrW1rw&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJsBXd42-I&feature=youtu.be

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

and dangit i keep wanting to spell illegal wrong *smh*

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
This amendment changed absolutely nothing. The laws are no different now than yesterday. This was just something for candidates to try to sway people with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

that's why he asked did i vote today dammit!!!!!!!!!

sigh

i fucked up (bangs head against the wall)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

the Treaty of Tripoli is a good reference to the founding fathers did not find our goverment on Christianty

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

have you read any of those links i posted? or the info about how this could effect many people besides gays?

like children, the eldery and even possiably domestic abuse? luckily the 50B laws are worded well. Hopefully this amendment will not be able to change how they are interpreted. and truly effect that.

Quoting bmw29:

This amendment changed absolutely nothing. The laws are no different now than yesterday. This was just something for candidates to try to sway people with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Fourteenth Amendment Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I live in nc, I am a Christian, and if 2 people of the same sex want to get married so be it, I don't judge.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I live here. LOL I've read about it prior to the vote but I also know what the laws were before and this didn't change a damn thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

have you read any of those links i posted? or the info about how this could effect many people besides gays?

like children, the eldery and even possiably domestic abuse? luckily the 50B laws are worded well. Hopefully this amendment will not be able to change how they are interpreted. and truly effect that.

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

thats funny considering civil unions were regonized by the state before and now they are not...

Quoting bmw29:

I live here. LOL I've read about it prior to the vote but I also know what the laws were before and this didn't change a damn thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bmw29:

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Civil unions have never been recognized in NC. LOL It's technically illegal to live together before marriage here.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats funny considering civil unions were regonized by the state before and now they are not...

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)