Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am very jealous :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

I know it sounds stupid and some won't even understand, but I am feeling really jealous today :( I hear all these mom's talking about mothers day and what their doing or the gifts they will get or how they get to go to the spa for the day ect ect....And once again I will be doing nothing for mothers day and probably won't even get a card :(

The weather is going to be really crappy so that means sitting in the house all day.....After all most 13 years you would think it wouldn't bother me any more :( DH never puts time or thought in to stuff like this, plus this year we are broke.

I admit when I read the posts about other mom's great mothers days I say "Must be nice" and DH will usually ask me what I meant so I will read him the post. (never have I felt this way before) :(

***I know it is not about those things at all and I don't quite know why i feel the way I do, because I have never felt like this before...I guess right now I just don't feel appreciated  at home and for once wish somebody would show me how much they care about me and what I do for them.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaLub
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
4 moms liked this
So don't clean that day. Watch all your favorite movies and make yourself a cake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrapNLoseInches
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
i feel you. im envious right now too. my ds will be 5 states away on mothers day, with my mom on vacation. she also took him to the aquariam, zoo, beach, putt putt golfing and laser tag ...all his first times...and i missed all of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Don't have cable or very many movies...

Quoting MamaLub:

So don't clean that day. Watch all your favorite movies and make yourself a cake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

:(  I know what u mean.  I haven't had a nice mother's day in...  well, never had a nice mother's day.  This year I thought it would be different but my boyfriend's psycho bitch sister sent him to jail, he MIGHT be out by Thursday if she drops the charges.  I'm hoping she does.  To make it even better, my children's father is states away and I was informed today that he almost died in a motorcycle accident and he is very delicate in the hospital at this moment. As if I didn't have enough on my plate now I'm worried about this guy because it would suck if around mothers day I have to give my young children such horrible news :(

kiralyn
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I'm sorry :( My husband is in Afghanistan right now. He text me yesterday saying happy mothers day. I was like...it's not today. He said oh, yea it is here..time difference. Uh, no buddy..lol. You aren't 5 days ahead of me!

Anyways, my point is...it's not about material things, or even cards (or even getting the damn day right, lol). I hope that you at least feel appreciated and loved by your husband and kids. *hugs*

briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM
3 moms liked this
Mother's day to me is a symbol of the day I became a mom. No gifts or anything else will mean more to me than looking in my daughters eyes and knowing why I get to celebrate that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I know it's not about those things, and I remember what it was like when DH was in the military and away on deployments during special days :(

I think that is part of it I don't really feel appreciated by my DH or kids right now....

Quoting kiralyn:

I'm sorry :( My husband is in Afghanistan right now. He text me yesterday saying happy mothers day. I was like...it's not today. He said oh, yea it is here..time difference. Uh, no buddy..lol. You aren't 5 days ahead of me!

Anyways, my point is...it's not about material things, or even cards (or even getting the damn day right, lol). I hope that you at least feel appreciated and loved by your husband and kids. *hugs*

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I am so sorry =( HAve you talked to him baout putting more effort in? There are things he can do for free and maybe telling him exactly what those are will help him and eventually you won't need to ask.

We had a car expense and dh has been out of work for 2 weeks so he will not be getting me anythign and no special dinner at a restaurant. Kind if sucks because normally I am spoiled. I will be enjoying a day at dd's school and some cute homemade cards form the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM
We haven't had an income in 3 months so don't worry I won't celebrate it either.....
kiralyn
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM
That's something you should definitely talk to him about.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know it's not about those things, and I remember what it was like when DH was in the military and away on deployments during special days :(

I think that is part of it I don't really feel appreciated by my DH or kids right now....

Quoting kiralyn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)