Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am very jealous :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know it sounds stupid and some won't even understand, but I am feeling really jealous today :( I hear all these mom's talking about mothers day and what their doing or the gifts they will get or how they get to go to the spa for the day ect ect....And once again I will be doing nothing for mothers day and probably won't even get a card :(

The weather is going to be really crappy so that means sitting in the house all day.....After all most 13 years you would think it wouldn't bother me any more :( DH never puts time or thought in to stuff like this, plus this year we are broke.

I admit when I read the posts about other mom's great mothers days I say "Must be nice" and DH will usually ask me what I meant so I will read him the post. (never have I felt this way before) :(

***I know it is not about those things at all and I don't quite know why i feel the way I do, because I have never felt like this before...I guess right now I just don't feel appreciated  at home and for once wish somebody would show me how much they care about me and what I do for them.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
parentalrights1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Why did she send him to jail

Quoting Anonymous:

:(  I know what u mean.  I haven't had a nice mother's day in...  well, never had a nice mother's day.  This year I thought it would be different but my boyfriend's psycho bitch sister sent him to jail, he MIGHT be out by Thursday if she drops the charges.  I'm hoping she does.  To make it even better, my children's father is states away and I was informed today that he almost died in a motorcycle accident and he is very delicate in the hospital at this moment. As if I didn't have enough on my plate now I'm worried about this guy because it would suck if around mothers day I have to give my young children such horrible news :(

Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I feel the same :( I had plans to do something nice for Fathers day for my SO, and he told me he wanted to go hiking with his friends... while leaving me at home with our few days old newborn.. and I told him so, but yet I know he will not do anything, or hell even say anything to me for mothers day.. guess I can take satisfaction in knowing my mother wont be telling me horrible things for my day this year.. 

parentalrights1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I didn't get a valentine's day this year. He did. I didn't know an unexpected expense came up and he didn't want to worry me so he didn't tell me.

He was going to make me  coupons (you know. hand made ones that entitle me to ask him to do dishes or other little favors) but I think he was having trouble getting a hold of the materials in time so he ended up confessing what happened eventually but I still went days feel like he just didn't care. He did care and felt horrible, but he still never even gave me the coupons. I think he forgot... but it doesn't matter. I could tell he felt torn up about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Sorry you are feeling low. I work that day. I always have worked that day. It really means nothing to me. Dh would be more than happy to get me something or pamper me but I just don't care about it, honestly. I will definitely use it to have him cook what I want for dinner, and drink a few mimosas, and maybe even get a back rub with no strings attached... But its just a made up hallmark holiday anyway. Try not to feel low about it. I am sure your family appreciates you very much. It's just a day...
JBbean
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM

This is my first mother's day. Today, my sister asked me "Aren't you sooo excited?" Ummm, what for? "Your first mother's day!! My hubby is spoiling me. I bet you'll get tons too".
Actually, I am not excited. I'm excited that i'm a mother EVERYDAY to my son.
My husband doesn't have to get me anything, even though i'm sure he'll make me dinner and buy me flowers, but that's not what it's about. I have a 5 month old. I KNOW he appreciate and loves me. I don't need my husband to buy me a car to understand that........ I'm a good enough mother that I can feel that love from my son's eyes daily.

Sweets27
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Talk to your dh. Also don't believe everything women say on here. Dont let that make you feel bad. Dh doesn't do anything special for me on that day. I told him that he's going to take care of the kids all day. I want to watch tv and nap. That's what I want for mothers day. I cook 3 meals every single day. I want him to do that Sunday while I relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on May. 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I won't have any huge celebration either. This will be my 3rd year without 2 of my kids, they live with their father in another state. I'll have them on Father's day, so I suppose it evens out. It still sucks. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Some women have told me I am wrong on here but I made it very clear to my husband that I expect gifts on holidays. I also give great gifts to him. I enjoy the time and energy I put into his gifts and I enjoy that he does the same. Growing up my parents always exchanged gifts, no matter what. It was important that we do the same.
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Mothers day is just another day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
murrlicious
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM
It's his mother. If I went by what mother's really want for mothers day sleep in, not cook, not clean then everyday is mother's day around here but gifts and going out doesn't really bother me. There is other holidays for that. It just really doesn't bother me at all I guess
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)