Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am very jealous :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know it sounds stupid and some won't even understand, but I am feeling really jealous today :( I hear all these mom's talking about mothers day and what their doing or the gifts they will get or how they get to go to the spa for the day ect ect....And once again I will be doing nothing for mothers day and probably won't even get a card :(

The weather is going to be really crappy so that means sitting in the house all day.....After all most 13 years you would think it wouldn't bother me any more :( DH never puts time or thought in to stuff like this, plus this year we are broke.

I admit when I read the posts about other mom's great mothers days I say "Must be nice" and DH will usually ask me what I meant so I will read him the post. (never have I felt this way before) :(

***I know it is not about those things at all and I don't quite know why i feel the way I do, because I have never felt like this before...I guess right now I just don't feel appreciated  at home and for once wish somebody would show me how much they care about me and what I do for them.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 9, 2012 at 12:34 AM

same.. this year, i will be alone with my son... but its a step up from being told that i'm not a 'real mom' (i'm a single mom with NO help from the bio-dad... not sure how that doesnt make me a real mom)

pasteeater
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM
No lakes we're in the desert. That would be nice though. No gas money either. My son is going to this huge comp and for five months every penny has gone to pay for that. But I am happy he can do that. After the comp they go to disney and ca adventures. The on June first he goes to six flags.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you guys can go on a picnic or spend the day at a lake or something like that since it is going to be hot out that day for you :) Our weather is going to be crappy so we can't even plan something free to do outside.

Quoting pasteeater:

Me too! We were just talking about this. I'm not getting anything and it will be at 105 out. I usually get something for every holiday. But there's no money. It's ok though. I hate being so selfish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM

don't rely on your dh get you that stuff  - do it for yourself instead!  so if you want to go to the spa, go to the spa!! enjoy your day.  that's what i would do.

i don't want anything for mother's day; just a nice dinner with the family.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Have you told him you want more recognition of mothers day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-x-2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I have worked every mothers day since I have been a mom. This year I am going away for the weekend without the kids to see my cousin graduate from college! I am excited for a kid free weekend and that is mothers days enough for me:) my ex texted me yesterday asking me what I had said I wanted. Honestly all I want is for him to take ds to get a hair cut. And maybe fairies to come clean my house lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Buy something VERY exspensive and thank him for the gift. If he complains tell him to buy you something next time
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Something i have always saidt to myself is....you cant sit around waiting for others to make you happy, you have to find your own happiness. Do something that you know would make you feel good. Its not about how much it should cost to make it worth something.
Another thing i have taught myself is, not to have it in your head that you have to celebrate anything on the given day. If you cant do it that day, pick another day that way you dont sit around feeling down and depressed because you missed out on that day. There are so many options you can choose from to make you a happier person, but its up to you and not anyone else especially if they arent willing to make an effort from time to time to put a smile on your face
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Mommytron on May. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM

How old are your kids? Hang in there. Once they are old enough, they'll make the day special for you. 

scarngwife
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM

We are joining my mil for church, I will call my mom, we are several states away.  We will probably have lunch with his mom as well.  That is ok though cuz I like my mil.  It is about spending the day with my family.  He will also cook whatever I want for dinner.  I don't need expensive gifts I just need to know they love me.

stephy_85
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Ds has been coming home from school all week with things to "hide" on Daddy's dresser. I'm excited for that. I told my mimmaw I thought dh was getting me a butterfly bush and she said isn't a new house enough lol. That has been an inside joke because we signed all the paperwork for our new house right before Valentine's Day (dh told everyone that was my gift) well we are closing today and moving in right before Mother's Day. I'll just be happy with my drawings though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN