Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

forcing my so to get a better job or im gone

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok not really but I told him he needs to have a goal. He brings home $3,200 a month and has no Aspirations for something better. He needs to always be working towards something. He hates his job and is always grouchy. He also has 2 kids and I told him that I'm tired of going to the second hand stores for clothing. I want them to have the best and if he's not going to provide the best I will leave. I don't think I'm in the wrong because I will work with him and if I see that he's atleast trying I wont leave but I had to light a fire under his ass or nothing would ever change.

I want him to further his career with training and a degree. I don't want to barely scrape by anymore. I want him to have a goal. This isn't something that has to happen right away.

I am going to school I have plans for my life and if I'm not happy I'm gonna do something about it not just complain!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
Gracie-May
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM
3 moms liked this
I go to school AND I work, oh and on top of that I'll be raising a baby singlehandedly on just over the same amount your SO earns. It is PLENTY.

Stop hiding behind the lame excuse of school. Stop being so high maintenance. Stop being such an ungrateful bitch. Get off your arse and get a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gracie-May:

I find it interesting OP that you choose to answer only a select few questions.... I ask you again, do YOU work?

He needs a more appreciative woman, I suggest he gets himself a new lady rather than a new job. I bitch about my job sometimes

no I go to school I updated my question with that info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Quoting college.mom:

Im going to start rotating shifts at the hospital soon so I wouldnt be able to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM

So your goal is to DRIVE your man away and be a HORRIBLE ASS WIFE!!! Hey looks like your accomplishing your goal AHAHAHAHA!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aria12:

Okay well he need to realize jus bc he hate the job, he can't snap his fingers and get a new one. I say jus be grateful he have a job, and if some comes along, then be thankful for it.... but dnt keep puttin it in his face about gettin anotha job or else.... wat if he lost the job?.... patience is the key.

I told him to go to school for whatever he wants to do this isn't something that has to happen right away but I want him to have a goal

college.mom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Why not? You find a job that works with you. And you said soon...not now...so work until then. Quit making excuses

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting college.mom:

Im going to start rotating shifts at the hospital soon so I wouldnt be able to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gracie-May
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM
2 moms liked this
But if he goes to school he won't have a job (seeing as that's how you do it) so you'll have even less money

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aria12:

Okay well he need to realize jus bc he hate the job, he can't snap his fingers and get a new one. I say jus be grateful he have a job, and if some comes along, then be thankful for it.... but dnt keep puttin it in his face about gettin anotha job or else.... wat if he lost the job?.... patience is the key.

I told him to go to school for whatever he wants to do this isn't something that has to happen right away but I want him to have a goal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

What are YOUR goals OP?

Chelly4.588.8
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Being in college is no excuse not to have a job, with that being said if you want more money to spend earn your own money. This man is out doing a job that he apparently hates to take care of his family, he's making enough money to take care of his family, you are his SO who is suppose to love him and support him....learn how to do it, telling him he needs to change his working conditions/life goals or you'll be leaving isn't loving or supporting him. Listen to him complain, be there to rub his shoulders and tell him he's doing a great job. If you think you can't work while attending college what puts it in your head that he could (even though both of you can)? If it was up to how your mind works he'd have to quit working and then where's the money coming from. Stop putting him down! There are so many ppl in this world that would love a man to work his ass off and be able to pay the bills and we wouldn't care if we had to go to secondhand stores, it's called life and sometimes it takes time for things to get to where you can buy the name brand expensive crap (that you don't need). At least he's taking care of the needs and you should learn that the needs outweigh the wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 9, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
What is wrong with women... Holy Crap... Your personality is disgusting
SOCO101
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Dh brings home a little over $1,600 a month, and I don't work as of now. $3,200 sounds pretty damn good if you ask me, lol!

nikkik526
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM
This and never get married either.

Quoting DeeDee_28:

3200 a month is more than what most people make. Be grateful

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)