Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're hungry? Do something about it

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this
Argh. I just wrote out a well thought out reply and it gets deleted. I am getting tired of the "i don't have money for food" but I have a million excuses. I have been broke. Like pay the electric bill or food broke. Like I have no water bc we chose food broke. It wasn't easy getting to where we are now. I hate thre excuses of "i had a bad childhood", "i dont want to deal with dfacs for assistance", "i wish I was lucky like some moms on here". I hate that last one the most. My dh and myself worked our asses off to be where we are. No one handed us anything. I have been yo food banks. Swallowed my pride so we could eat. It sucks and is demoralizing, bit I did what I had to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rose87
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
*applause*

Agreed. If it came between food and cable, I'd choose food etc. People sometimes just like to complain and have pity parties w/o doing anything about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:06 AM
I have had points in my life where I was eating raman & bar-s hot dogs for a month at a time and eating at a local church everyday then taking my son to the school before he was old enough for school and getting sack lunches. my child at least had a full belly. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrieasia
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Agreed. It gets frustrating trying to offer advice when someone says they have no money for food and they don't want to go to a food bank or get assistance. I understand the pride behind it, but if you (general you) can't afford to feed your family, swallow the pride and do it!

Quoting _mimimosley_:

I have had points in my life where I was eating raman & bar-s hot dogs for a month at a time and eating at a local church everyday then taking my son to the school before he was old enough for school and getting sack lunches. my child at least had a full belly. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie85
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I'd do what I needed to to feed my family. In my state you can even volunteer at the food bank , no matter your income they let you take some food home.

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

*puff* *puff* *sip* I don't have any money for food or clothing, nothing for my kids.

That one always intrigues me.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Applause!!!!
I agree. Kwitcherbitchin' and do something!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
A mom w/o cigs is like willy wonka without chocolate!! It's CRAZY!!

Jk. I agree. Smokes and liquor but bitchin about food.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

*puff* *puff* *sip* I don't have any money for food or clothing, nothing for my kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

As much as I agree, food banks in my area are low. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM

LOL I don't know how you will feel about this, but I must have cigarettes. They are more important than food for ME, but my kids must have food. If it comes down to it, I'll go without food for my smokes and I'll pay for my kids to eat. Youngest is on WIC right now though.

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

Rose87
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Personally, idgaf if YOU (general you) starve as long as your kids eat.

When I was a single mom, I would skip 1 or 2 meals to ensure my kids had food and were properly fed. For me, if they're taken care of, then that is all that matters.

Quoting hp2011:

LOL I don't know how you will feel about this, but I must have cigarettes. They are more important than food for ME, but my kids must have food. If it comes down to it, I'll go without food for my smokes and I'll pay for my kids to eat. Youngest is on WIC right now though.

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured