Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're hungry? Do something about it

Posted by   + Show Post
Argh. I just wrote out a well thought out reply and it gets deleted. I am getting tired of the "i don't have money for food" but I have a million excuses. I have been broke. Like pay the electric bill or food broke. Like I have no water bc we chose food broke. It wasn't easy getting to where we are now. I hate thre excuses of "i had a bad childhood", "i dont want to deal with dfacs for assistance", "i wish I was lucky like some moms on here". I hate that last one the most. My dh and myself worked our asses off to be where we are. No one handed us anything. I have been yo food banks. Swallowed my pride so we could eat. It sucks and is demoralizing, bit I did what I had to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (21-27):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM

It's not even that. It's that this vice(alcohol as well) is killing her. She works herself to death, has nothing to show for it, but a smokers cough and a six pack. :(

Quoting hp2011:

Smokes aren't the only thing that makes me happy- that's sad. I'm sorry your mom didn't make you as special as you deserved to be. Trust me, of all people, I totally get it. That's why I promised my kids more than that. They didn't ask to be here, neither did you. Your mom should have done more and gone without her smokes. I have done it before for my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll never understand her and that vice. Seriously, she claims it's the only thing that makes her happy. Which saddens me on so many levels.

Quoting hp2011:

Uh, no. If I only have 5 dollars, I'm not getting cigarettes. I'm getting food for my kids, like I said. 

Growing up, my step father would take our last 5 dollars and blow it on beer. My kids will not go without for my habits, but I will.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I remember my mother doing the same thing. Only 5 or so dollars to her name. Cigarettes for her, a faygo and a bag of chips for me and my brothers. Nice job mom. The money she used for the cigarettes could have gotten us an actual meal some place.

Quoting hp2011:

LOL I don't know how you will feel about this, but I must have cigarettes. They are more important than food for ME, but my kids must have food. If it comes down to it, I'll go without food for my smokes and I'll pay for my kids to eat. Youngest is on WIC right now though.

Quoting Rose87:

A mom w/o cigs is like willy wonka without chocolate!! It's CRAZY!!

Jk. I agree. Smokes and liquor but bitchin about food.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

*puff* *puff* *sip* I don't have any money for food or clothing, nothing for my kids.

That one always intrigues me.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

My ex step father is the same. He went from making 70 grand a year at the local courthouse as a commissioner, to drinking his 401K and now lives in a homeless shelter. He's been homeless for 3 years now, most of that was spent living in a tent just outside of town.... is there any way you can talk to her?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not even that. It's that this vice(alcohol as well) is killing her. She works herself to death, has nothing to show for it, but a smokers cough and a six pack. :(

Quoting hp2011:

Smokes aren't the only thing that makes me happy- that's sad. I'm sorry your mom didn't make you as special as you deserved to be. Trust me, of all people, I totally get it. That's why I promised my kids more than that. They didn't ask to be here, neither did you. Your mom should have done more and gone without her smokes. I have done it before for my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll never understand her and that vice. Seriously, she claims it's the only thing that makes her happy. Which saddens me on so many levels.

Quoting hp2011:

Uh, no. If I only have 5 dollars, I'm not getting cigarettes. I'm getting food for my kids, like I said. 

Growing up, my step father would take our last 5 dollars and blow it on beer. My kids will not go without for my habits, but I will.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I remember my mother doing the same thing. Only 5 or so dollars to her name. Cigarettes for her, a faygo and a bag of chips for me and my brothers. Nice job mom. The money she used for the cigarettes could have gotten us an actual meal some place.

Quoting hp2011:

LOL I don't know how you will feel about this, but I must have cigarettes. They are more important than food for ME, but my kids must have food. If it comes down to it, I'll go without food for my smokes and I'll pay for my kids to eat. Youngest is on WIC right now though.

Quoting Rose87:

A mom w/o cigs is like willy wonka without chocolate!! It's CRAZY!!

Jk. I agree. Smokes and liquor but bitchin about food.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

*puff* *puff* *sip* I don't have any money for food or clothing, nothing for my kids.

That one always intrigues me.

BluEyedCrazy
by Christy Ann on May. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I agree, there is help, take it. Then work for what you want, goals go a long way!

fairyjester
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
But these people are whining about it on the internet which means the have that and a device capable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Yeah, but that doesn't work for everyone. I have seen my brother go a week without really eating (only eating like A piece of bread each day, if that). Why? Because he made sure his kids got fed first. He did everything he could to put food on the table, but he didn't really have many resources available to him.

sunshinebebe26
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I agree OP, that is what all the help out there is there for.. to help people, and yes it irritates me to no end to see people complaining about not having money with a ciggarette in their mouth, those things are expensive.

carrieasia
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I loathe the constant excuses. Life rarely changes over night. We didn't do ANYTHING for ourselves for two years. No going out to dinner, vacations, nothing. Worked our butts off. I worked double shifts at the restaraunt while dh started his business. I now bartend because I choose to. I work two nights a week. It took time and hard work to bw here owning our home and cars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN