Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I had to spank my son today! :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

He's 7 years old, and usually a very good kid. But this morning before school, him and his sister were watching cartoons, well they started fighting over which cartoons to watch. So I went in the living room, grabbed the remote and turned the tv off. I said no more tv because you can't quit fighting over it. Well my son got so mad because i turned his show off, he reached over and slapped me hard...

I do not tolerate hitting in my house, and when he hit me, the only thing i could think to do to teach him that I won't put up with that behavior was to spank him. And i made sure he felt it too. He cried for about 2 mins, then he was fine... 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I would've too!!
RobinSun
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Where was his dad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm sure that taught him not to solve his disagreements with violence-not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM

dad was in the shower. Dad would have spanked him harder than I did. The kids no better than to make him mad. 

Quoting RobinSun:

Where was his dad?

abbymomo2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM
7 moms liked this

Quoting RobinSun:

Where was his dad?

Why would it matter where Dad is? They're either together or not. He could have been at work, he could have been sleeping, he could have been in the shower taking a shit. He may be the type who is smart enough to let Mom handle a situation unfolding in front of her instead of taking authority away from her. In my house, their father wouldn't have to step in, things don't get passed to him to deal with, it's the parent who is the witness who doles out the discipline. There is no, "wait til your father gets home."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quoting abbymomo2:

Quoting RobinSun:

Where was his dad?

Why would it matter where Dad is? They're either together or not. He could have been at work, he could have been sleeping, he could have been in the shower taking a shit. He may be the type who is smart enough to let Mom handle a situation unfolding in front of her instead of taking authority away from her. In my house, their father wouldn't have to step in, things don't get passed to him to deal with, it's the parent who is the witness who doles out the discipline. There is no, "wait til your father gets home."

That's how I try to keep it in my home too. I won't just sit back and threaten dad on them, unless I can't get it under control myself (which I rarely have that problem). I mean, what would i do if i didn't have their dad in the picture? I'd be in trouble! lol! And I am usually the enforcer in the home anyway... but sometimes having their dad raise his voice gets them under control better than i can do!

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM
3 moms liked this

You don't tolerate hitting but you hit him lol

Sure this wasn't the first time, hence why he hits. Children who are spanked are more likely to strike out at their parents.

RobinSun
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Oh OK. Had that happened with one of my kids they would have gotten it coming and going.

Quoting Anonymous:

dad was in the shower. Dad would have spanked him harder than I did. The kids no better than to make him mad. 

Quoting RobinSun:

Where was his dad?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
bump

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on May. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you!! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN