Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I had to spank my son today! :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

He's 7 years old, and usually a very good kid. But this morning before school, him and his sister were watching cartoons, well they started fighting over which cartoons to watch. So I went in the living room, grabbed the remote and turned the tv off. I said no more tv because you can't quit fighting over it. Well my son got so mad because i turned his show off, he reached over and slapped me hard...

I do not tolerate hitting in my house, and when he hit me, the only thing i could think to do to teach him that I won't put up with that behavior was to spank him. And i made sure he felt it too. He cried for about 2 mins, then he was fine... 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (71-79):
Anouck
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM

So you're teaching him not to hit by hitting him.... Yeah, makes total sense.

mkuebler
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Add me, OP.  We're a spanking household as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for understanding. And that's how it was for me... I was just like "wait a second, what just happened" lol

ICPclwnLOV
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I dont have a problem with spanking even though I dont do it. But punishing violence with violence? Great parenting moment*sarcasm*

raegan1221
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! I would've too!

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
raegan1221
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I think some people getting hitting and spanking confused...there's a difference...imo it turns into "hitting/abusing" when you take it too far..spanking is just a form of discipline. I think you did the right thing, OP.

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Ok then what was the point of your little story if you knew I didn't mean all or well "not always"? lol

Quoting MyBabies86:

NOT ALWAYS.... I never stated anything about all...

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

More likely, does not mean all.

Quoting MyBabies86:

The last part of your comment is not always true....mine get spanked and they know better to raise a hand to me....her son got what she saw fit to give him for being disrespectful towards his mother... good for you OP

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

You don't tolerate hitting but you hit him lol

Sure this wasn't the first time, hence why he hits. Children who are spanked are more likely to strike out at their parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Good for you for being brave enough to admit you spanked your child. I was raised getting spanked and to ChunkyMonkey25 you could not pay me to hit, talk back or disrespect my parents in any way shape or form. It is a spanking for God's sake not a beat down. Maybe if more parents kept it old school there children wouldn't hit them, be in jail, go to school and disrespect there teachers or any other authority figure. It all starts at home and there is a serious break down now days with children, respect, and discipline.

MyBabies86
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM
It ain't a story it's a fact...point being its not true....just because a child gets a spanking or popped doesn't mean they will or are more then likely will lash out...and how do you know if this is or is not his first time being spanked? Do you know them personally irl? Are you living in her house? Do you see what its like on a day to day for her kids? No didn't think so....which means you should..more then likely Not jump and make assumptions....assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups....OP like I said before Good for you mama...now I'm done with this post

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

Ok then what was the point of your little story if you knew I didn't mean all or well "not always"? lol

Quoting MyBabies86:

NOT ALWAYS.... I never stated anything about all...

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

More likely, does not mean all.

Quoting MyBabies86:

The last part of your comment is not always true....mine get spanked and they know better to raise a hand to me....her son got what she saw fit to give him for being disrespectful towards his mother... good for you OP

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

You don't tolerate hitting but you hit him lol

Sure this wasn't the first time, hence why he hits. Children who are spanked are more likely to strike out at their parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM

ok lol

Yay for her for hitting her son!

7 years old? I seriously doubt this is the first time and yes children who are spanked are more likely to strike their parent. Thats not an assumption.  Sad how people thinking spanking is the fix all for disciple issues. All it does is create more issues.

Quoting MyBabies86:

It ain't a story it's a fact...point being its not true....just because a child gets a spanking or popped doesn't mean they will or are more then likely will lash out...and how do you know if this is or is not his first time being spanked? Do you know them personally irl? Are you living in her house? Do you see what its like on a day to day for her kids? No didn't think so....which means you should..more then likely Not jump and make assumptions....assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups....OP like I said before Good for you mama...now I'm done with this post

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)