Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

neighbors are annoying the crap out of me...Would this bother you?***edit

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

They play darts all day long.  They have the dart board hanging on the other side of the wall that they share with our house!  Who does that?  Who even plays darts anyways?  I get to hear thud thud thud the whole frickin day.  I've asked them to stop, and they say they can make as much noise as they want to in the day time.  Would this get on your nerves?

ok....Lots of people play darts. It's a respectable sport.   I meant no disrespect.  I should have left that sentence out.  But yeah, I'm still annoyed.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
sunshinebebe26
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I am sure it would after a while,dh and I lived in an apartment for the time we spent in Houston in the beginning of our marriage,I hated it I demanded we buy a house and so we moved back out to the boonies and did that apartment living/ city life just isn't for me. My other thought is I would do something equally annoying back and then tell them that same thing well it's day time.

WhitleyLyles
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Tenants are allowed to hang things on the walls here where I live.
How are you so sure they are even damaging the walls. (This is for the anonymous poster btw)

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Really, you would be that fucking petty? Can you even be sure they're damaging the walls? They could (and probably do) have at least a corkboard around the board on the wall. And even if they don't, they're pinholes, not a freaking sledgehammer. 

Gods be praised I don't have uptight report happy bitches living next to me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. I would speak to the landlord because I bet she/he wouldn't think them making holes in the wall, aka damaging the property ,was a great thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM
At least they don't play music with a ton of bass half the night like our neighbors
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

That would probably annoy the hell out of me and I probably would talk to the landlord about it. The other woman who said it's petty obviously isn't the one being annoyed by it. It's pure thoughtlessness. All they have to do is move the damn board, that really isn't asking too much. Damn, I am so sick of selfish ass people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Quoting sweetiepye2004:

I would be immature and make noise.

I am tempted to do this, but it would make me feel silly.  I would have my kids do it, but they're not home :)

AnnieMcD
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I thought your screenname was something a LOT more scandalous than Gingers ... damn these eyes LOL

Quoting momof2gingers:

Put your tv against that wall and watch Yo Gabba Gabba on a slightly increased volume ALL day. Don't turnit all the way up unless they try to down it out though. You want that shit to be a constant sound that they barely notice until they have it stuck in their heads.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Quoting AnnieMcD:

If the neighbors are being "so fucking petty" that they can't move the board off of a shared wall then you are damn straight I would be the "bitch" that tattles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I would just learn to live with it. I think you are being petty
momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM
To answer your question about who plays darts, a lot of people play darts, my hubby plays on a league.

And yes that would annoy me. But there really isnt much you can do about it. If it is really pissing you off that much talk to your landlord.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Yup that would deff get on my nerves and probably drive me crazy! But I'm infortunatly there is nothing you can do....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN