Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is our first...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Mother's day as a family. I had his first child. He hasn't mentioned anything about mother's day to me, or even acknowledged it. He never did in the past, but he is a momma's boy, so I'm sure he's done things for his mom *cough* bought her THREE cars while I was pregnant riding the public bus*cough* 

I guess I'm just hoping for some acknowledgement.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jonellg
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I wouldn't bitch until he actually ignores it, it's not mothers day yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

yeah, i just kinda know he will ignore it. he did when i was pregnant, he didn't even bring it up. i had some friends want me to go down and visit them on their dime (they were paying for gas) and i thought yeah that's great for mother's day.. 2 days away and just go and relax... and he said no. Probably forgetting it's mother's day.

Quoting jonellg:

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I'm sure my dh will ignore the day. And no dh doesn't need to get me anything but helping the kids make home made cards would be nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Maybe he said no because he made plans for you

I say its too early to complain

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, i just kinda know he will ignore it. he did when i was pregnant, he didn't even bring it up. i had some friends want me to go down and visit them on their dime (they were paying for gas) and i thought yeah that's great for mother's day.. 2 days away and just go and relax... and he said no. Probably forgetting it's mother's day.

Quoting jonellg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

lol yeah. maybe, but his reasoning is always that "i have to go to work and pay the bills and I don't get to go out, why should you?".

Quoting SnapIt:

Maybe he said no because he made plans for you

I say its too early to complain

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jonellg:

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

LOL

It's a preemptive Mother's Day bitch fest!

atyou
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
seriously? it's not even mother's day yet. you're jumping the gun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
My exh never did anything for mother's day... other than get his Mom something. His reasoning was SHE is his mom, not me. So when kids were too little to get me something or make a card, i got nothing. (When i mentioned it to his mom, she agreed with him)
Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM

my dh hasn't mentioned it either & our son is 3! i have mentioned what should we get our mom's (thinking we're just going flowers this yr) but no mention of what i may want or anything

WrapNLoseInches
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

some guys dont awknowledge pregnancy as motherhood yet. It might be different this year since the baby is here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jonellg:

Mom to Tucker Wayne~ May 2008 & Owen Mabry ~ DUE July 19th.  STBwife to Troy~ Sept 8, 2012.  Itworks body wrap rep~ NONextreme Couponer and trainer~ Christian~Pro-Life~Nonpolitical~Believes your choices for your children, are YOUR choices, Not mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)