Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is our first...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mother's day as a family. I had his first child. He hasn't mentioned anything about mother's day to me, or even acknowledged it. He never did in the past, but he is a momma's boy, so I'm sure he's done things for his mom *cough* bought her THREE cars while I was pregnant riding the public bus*cough* 

I guess I'm just hoping for some acknowledgement.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (11-16):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Here's a hint TELLHIM WHAT YOU EXPECT. Set the standard now that you expect and want recognition. You'll save yourself a marriage of dissapointment. People are not mind readers nor do they take hints. Tell him if he chooses to do nothing you will purchase your own very exspensive gift
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I can see that. I have two older kids and  their dad got me something for mother's day... Don't really care how he felt about that. (The dad bought it and sent it home with the kids)

Quoting WrapNLoseInches:

some guys dont awknowledge pregnancy as motherhood yet. It might be different this year since the baby is here.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, i just kinda know he will ignore it. he did when i was pregnant, he didn't even bring it up. i had some friends want me to go down and visit them on their dime (they were paying for gas) and i thought yeah that's great for mother's day.. 2 days away and just go and relax... and he said no. Probably forgetting it's mother's day.

Quoting jonellg:

I wouldn't bitch until he actually ignores it, it's not mothers day yet.

WrapNLoseInches
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I have a ds, and his dad ALWAYS gets me something for mothers day "from ds" of course.. BUT my DF  didn't even awknowledge the day last year because he and I didnt have kids together, i also didnt awknowledge fathers day for him just because he lived with me and my ds.. kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

I can see that. I have two older kids and  their dad got me something for mother's day... Don't really care how he felt about that. (The dad bought it and sent it home with the kids)

Quoting WrapNLoseInches:

some guys dont awknowledge pregnancy as motherhood yet. It might be different this year since the baby is here.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, i just kinda know he will ignore it. he did when i was pregnant, he didn't even bring it up. i had some friends want me to go down and visit them on their dime (they were paying for gas) and i thought yeah that's great for mother's day.. 2 days away and just go and relax... and he said no. Probably forgetting it's mother's day.

Quoting jonellg:

Mom to Tucker Wayne~ May 2008 & Owen Mabry ~ DUE July 19th.  STBwife to Troy~ Sept 8, 2012.  Itworks body wrap rep~ NONextreme Couponer and trainer~ Christian~Pro-Life~Nonpolitical~Believes your choices for your children, are YOUR choices, Not mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Yeah, I can see that. Guess I'm just hoping for some acknowledgement.

Quoting WrapNLoseInches:

I have a ds, and his dad ALWAYS gets me something for mothers day "from ds" of course.. BUT my DF  didn't even awknowledge the day last year because he and I didnt have kids together, i also didnt awknowledge fathers day for him just because he lived with me and my ds.. kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting WrapNLoseInches:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jonellg:

livewell
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Take some advice from an old lady - don't borrow trouble :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jonellg:

night.magic
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I've always thought of it this way. I am not my dh's mother. My kids are the ones responsible for making or buying my Mother's Day card or buy me a gift. Of course the dh can help make suggestions. We both help in deciding what to get for each of our mothers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN